Sam is one heck of a mischievous little boy. And he's in heaven living with a bunch of older kids that leave their bedroom doors open that have their stuff like markers, lotion, flarp (silly putty type stuff that stains carpets), and candy left out. What little boy wouldn't be?
He came downstairs the other day, after being very quiet for a while (I should have known), and this is what his face looked like. Marker all over. He then sat down next to me like it was no big deal and played with playdough for the next 15 minutes. He had no problem giving me a huge grin for a picture. Thanks buddy.
How grateful I am for the immense love I have for him. It truly amazes me how much love the Lord allows us mothers to have for our young children. It seems to always match the naughtiness of each kid. It is the only way we can possibly keep coming back for more when they are so rotten.
Being a mom is so entertaining.
With Abby being gone I seem to have a greater appreciation for how fast my time with each kid is going to fly by. I want to soak up every minute of it. When I see tender moments like this i get my camera out and take a picture because who wants to forget it? Not me.
I love how after I have been gone for a few days Lance takes a few days to come out of his role as "Super Dad". I could tell that the kids were used to going to him when they needed something. It is so tender. I honestly don't think there is anything more attractive than a dad that is
so attentive to his kids.
I remember a girlfriend of mine saying to me one time "Don't you feel bad for your girl's husbands? They have so much to live up to." It's true, my girls have such an awesome example of what a husband/ father should be. The bar has been set high.
Again, we don't make cookies everyday but we do every week. Lance doesn't eat too many sweets but he loves his homemade cookies and the kids are always close by to help...and I am always close by with my camera, of course.
Emma woke up Saturday morning announcing that she was going to take a little run/jog. Lance quickly offered to go with her. I remember him doing this with Abby very often. Emma seems to be growing up so fast lately. I love that she is sliding right into the role of BIG sister around our house.
It is still very hot here in Texas. I love it.
The neighbor kids have been coming out more and more. Even better Sammy has a little friend across the street name Mason. They are adorable running around after the older kids.
"Show me your muscles."
It seemed like forever since I had seen my family so we invited them over this past week. The kids were so excited to see each other. They were wild as usual. I snapped a few pictures from the night.The boys jumped on the couches for a good hour. Sidney was right there with them.
She is a tough chick.
Sam and Cohen played really well together. Usually they have a very love/hate relationship. Maybe they are growing out of it. I hope so. They are so cute together.
Ethan and Carson playing video games.
Katelyn and Avery playing with their dolls. I told them that one day we would take a picture like this but it would be with their real babies. It will be here before we know it.
Gavin and Dylan were running around most of the night but settled for just a bit to look at one of Gavin's library books. They love to draw and do art work together.
We facetime my mom and dad in Nauvoo. They have 7 weeks left on their mission.
We are getting so excited! Mark was thrilled to take a picture with them.
I still am in awe that I get to live here in Texas with so many family members. It is such a dream. I hope I never take it for granted. My heart goes out to those far from their family. That is no fun.
Always lots of laughs with this crew.
We were cracking up over stupid videos that Chase was showing us.
No comments:
Post a Comment