Lance came home from work with excellent news about a week ago. He had gone in to his boss and proposed that he do his same job but from Texas. To our surprise his boss quickly said Yes!!!!
How wonderful is this news!!! I can hardly believe it. That night I quickly started calling my family to tell them the great news. We were all a little hesitant to celebrate but began moving forward, cautiously.
Lance and I decided to go to the temple to think about things. We knew we felt great about the move but we want to make sure all our decisions were aligned with what The Lord wants for us. Plus, we wanted to give thanks.
We drove up to Louisville, KY to visit the temple for our date night and discuss all our big changes as we drove ( just over two hours). What started our as a joke quickly became reality. We had talked about me leaving super quick and trying to get the kids to Texas for the first day of school. We discussed how I could stay at my mom's house across the street.
I was totally overwhelmed by the thought of all of this because this would mean I would have to leave the following week. Plus, the kids would have to start school in Denton ( where my parents live) and then again when we move into our home. This gave me so many different emotions. I knew it would be tough to pack up things that quickly as well as say good bye to everyone so quickly but it did make sense from a school stand point.
The kids were all on board. It was super hard once we knew we were moving to stay engaged. We were sad and excited.
It was kind of like ripping off a ban-aid. It needed to be done fast.
It was so hard telling all our great friends and neighbors that we were not only moving but we were moving in less than a week.
Our neighbors, Sarah and Lelsie immediately threw us a going away party. It was so great to be with everyone one last time. Leslie made a slideshow of all of us over the years. I may have cried a little. Sarah made a book of all the pictures. My kids have been going through it non stop. So many great memories with these people.
The thought of leaving these guys is so hard. They have been our family here in Indiana. They have let us be a part of their families. Their homes are my kids second homes. They have kept us from feeling so lonely and homesick.
Monday night Sarah and Erika from church put together a going away party for our ward family. I was so impressed how quickly they did this. Sarah has the perfect home for entertaining.
Saying goodbye to these special ladies and their families was hard. They have all been with me through some tough times and helped me to feel loved. They have supported me and been great examples thru the years. I will miss them and always cherish what we had here in Indiana.
Our last day of school:
Notice how Gavin has a box of corn dogs. Haha. My neighbor Sarah and I always laugh about one of the first times we met her was through Gavin (who was 2 and a half then) opening her back gate, going in her back door, opening up her freezer and helping himself to a corndog.
We had barely just met them!!!!!!!! He was 2 and a half. That boy is unreal and has no fear. What a great first impression. We were destined for a great friendship after that.
Kate is holding a green marker because several years ago Kate drew all over Ben's body with a green marker. When I say everywhere, I mean everywhere.
Sarah called me late one evening and said she needed to talk with me. She proceeded to tell me how she was getting Ben into his Pj's and noticed artwork all over his body. Thank goodness we both laughed about it but we did have a few serious chats with our kiddos about staying dressed and private places on our body.
These pictures were taken in our last morning. It was so tough saying our final goodbyes. We sure love our friends here.
One week and one day after we found out we could move the kids and I are pulling out of Infiana headed to Texas. It does not feel real at all. It is strange how your mind responds to these kinds of things. It's like I am not able to completely process what is happening. I simply feel like I am taking another trip to Texas. I get little waves of reality and get sad but then I carry on as usual.
We drove halfway the first day and pulled over in Sprinfield, MO. So weird to think we will not be driving back home to Indiana. When I start to fell sad I just remind myself of all the wonderful family I have waiting for us in Texas. Everything is going to be ok. Everything is going to be wonderful.




























No comments:
Post a Comment