Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lately. . .

Not much to take pictures of lately.  We are all happy and healthy.  We have been trying to get to know the people here.  Making dinner dates, sharing FHE with other families, birthday parties, and having play dates.  We really like it here in Indiana so far. The people are wonderful.  Things are finally starting to feel more routine and normal, which we have needed.  Each day gets a little easier that way.  (It goes without saying, we still really miss all our friends.)


I have been knitting and learning to crochet.  I lOVE IT!  Abby and I both are making scarfs and hats.  My good friend Ashley and her group called the "Hookers", in Vegas, planted a seed many years ago and I am just now taking it up.  (Thanks ASH)  Anyway, here is a hat and scarf I just made for Abby.  It has a few rough edges but I MADE IT.  Wow.
Ethan received several Cub scout badges this last week during his monthly pack meeting.  Go Ethan, thanks Dad.
Emma striking a pose. She is getting so big and mature.  She can be quite lovely.
 
 I wanted to get your ideas.  The youth in our stake are taking a pioneer trek this July (from where to where, I don't know yet.) Lance and I were asked to be a "Ma and Pa" of 8-10 youth.  I know some of you have either done one yourself or heard of them.  I need ideas BAD.  We are very excited and think it will be a fabulous experience for us.  We want to make it special.  Please give me your ideas.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah Jane! I LOVED talking to you the other day! I had a blast at your mom's house we stayed up till 2 in the morning knitting! LELE is sucha great teacher! I cannot wait to go get my first needles and yarn! I AM addicted! I wanna make a hat like you did! SO CUTE! Anyway wish you could have been with us last night! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat and scarf are so cute! I want to learn how to do that! So cool.....How are you all doing? We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are getting easier! Cute hat and scarf! And now you live in a state where you can actually wear it. :) Wanna make me a teeny tiny pink one? hehe

    Hey, I've been meaning to call you back! Its just that everytime I go to call you (during my quiet time here)...I realize it's either smack in the middle of your busiest time there when the kids get home from school or it's totally late for you at night. I'm not liking this 2 hour time difference thang! Wanna talk to you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! I cannot get over that you are in the snow! Crazy! Your family looks great! We went on our stake youth trek---and we loved it. It was very well done---you just have to keep your family in line. Had a family of 15---just love em up! Now I'm in Stake YW--and we'll definitely go on the next one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute hat and scarf. I want the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete