Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fleeting Moments

Today I was wrestling my little Gavin on my bed and he was just so yummy to me, bugars, stinky breath and all.  You know those moments when you are overcome with love?  I was having one.   Because of a few experience in my life (and my friends) I have learned to cherish my little ones a bit more than I did. The good, the bad, and the ugly.  You never know how long we have them.  Well, sometimes at night I sneak in and get my little Gavin out of bed and hold him.  He is out like a light so I can take full advantage of him.  I can have all the kisses that I want.  I study his eyes, his lips,ears and fingers.  He would never let me do that while he was awake.  As his mother I feel entitled to this. The next morning he has no recollection of it and I have a sweet memory.

   

  

  

Enjoy the journey . . .  breath. . . Enjoy the journey . . .  breath. . .


 Kate loves apples. 
Sometimes she will disappear and be so quiet.  When I find her this is what I see, a princess eating an apple. 
  
  

Again, one of the little memories I do not want to forget. 
Ethan heading off to school on a very cold day.

  

  

1 comment:

  1. yes, you're entitled! i do the same thing with my babies, too. i love watching them and loving on them while they sleep. definitely moments to cherish and fill our hearts with so we an get through the less peaceful & loving times.

    LOVE the snowy tree photo!!!

    ps - what lens do you like to use? i finally learned to shoot in manual (loving that, too) and i'm look for some new lenses. do you still have a rebel? i'm drooling over the new d7. we'll see. maybe if i'm nice enought. . . =)

    i said "love" a lot. it's valentine's day - i'm entitled!

    ReplyDelete