Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Tri



I would love to say the tri went well but it did not.  First of all, it was sooo HOT and humid!
Although everyone had trained great and was well prepared for the race the weather was a booty kicker.  Lance and Lee finished and I think did a fabulous job.  

Cathy,  had a much different experience.  Halfway through her swim ( which is the first event) she was kicked by another swimmer and gulped large amounts of water.  As she continued to swim it got harder and harder to breathe. When Lance and Lee found her she looked bad.  Lance said her lips were blue and she was shaking.  They got her to land and made sure she was safe and continued on.  I got a phone call 30 minutes later from the paramedics explaining that they were taking Cathy to the hospital.  She ended up having to stay the night and be monitored.   

Here are pictures from the long day:

6:30 AM





















We had a great time and the boys were already talking about where they could do the next triathlon. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! Why was she being monitored? What was so wrong with her? That's crazy. Looks like a good time. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy to hear about Cathy... On a side note, she looks fabulous! Holy cow! Maybe I should train for a triathlon. :)

    ReplyDelete