Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Soccer Time

I do not know what it is about Indiana but I have had the hardest time finding sports that I am comfortable with both the price and time commitment they ask for. So many of the teams that I have found have crazy schedules, like one had 6 games on 1 Saturday (I am not exaggerating, although this is an extreme example) and they cost a fortune. Oh yeah they all play games on Sunday, which I will not do.  I just want something that my kids can learn teamwork and skills. Plus, I don't want to pay so much.  The other option is these small groups that are poorly organized and hardly have practice, if any and play the same team each Saturday.  I just signed Abby and Ethan up for a soccer team that is organized through a local church. (This is are second season do try this route. Last time it was the YMCA and it was LAME.) We showed up for our first practice this week and were the only people there to play.  YIKES!  WE were also told that only 7 girls in Abby's age group signed up. That means the teams will be tiny and the same 2 teams will play each other every Saturday. We shall see how it all goes down. We are trying not to get discouraged yet.

Lance decided to kick the ball around with the kids since it was a beautiful night. He played in high school so he was excited to play with them.

I think that everyone had a good night regardless.

When I was out of town Emma lost her first tooth. Here is a good shot of it.
My head looks tiny next to his. Note to self: put choncho behind me next time.











1 comment: