Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break 2011

We have decided to stay here for our spring break.  There is plenty that the kids want to do.  Hopefully, I can keep them entertained like they have planned.
 


Monday: Spent the majority of the day at our friends house, the Enzs.  We had lunch (sandwiches), did crafts (hair accessories), played the Wii, danced, watched Nemo, made and ate chocolate cookies (yum), played basketball/football and explored their wonderful yard out in the country. The weather was in the mid 40's. The kids didn't seem to mind.

That night we rushed over to soccer practice which we decided to no longer be involved with. (Long story and not very excited. Nutshell- it is a program for children just needing to be a part of something. Not meant to be competitive at all, OOPS!)

We grabbed a quick dinner and then relaxed. (Well I did, Lance went running with Papa Enz. I kept saying I was going to work out but crocheted and watched a movie. There is always tomorrow, right?)

Got in bed around 10:00 thinking that I would have a peaceful night . . .  NO.  Gavin was up most of the night. He seemed to be really uncomfortable and hurting.  I kept thinking he had a tummy ache (maybe because of all the cookies he ate). He kept tooting and burping so I was prepared for the worst.  Finally, around 4:00 he went to bed. LONG NIGHT.

Tuesday: (I was going to work out but was way too tired. Discipline, what's that?) Took the kids to a really cool toy store that is downtown Indianapolis. They each had a little money they had saved up from chores and babysitting. We were their forever and they got some neat stuff.

Came home , Ethan played with his new toy, Emma and Kate went to a neighbors house to play (Anna). Abigail had two different babysitting jobs and as for me and Choncho. . .  Naps!


So far we are enjoying the "break".

Wednesday:
And we were blessed with snow this morning. Yes, I said snow. The high today is 42. It could be worse, I guess.
It didn't seem to bother the kids too much. They still went outside to play.

One of my friends asked if I would watch her little bay girl, Lucy. The kids loved having her around. She is a living doll as far as Kate was concerned.
 Wed. night Abby had a few girls over just to hang out. It was lots of fun. I tried to get a picture of them playing the Wii but they were not having it.

Thursday :

Woke up and did our chores. Laundry, dishes, sweep, dust, clean windows,vacuum, etc . .  Each kid has set chores that they do everyday. I love the mornings that they get up and start doing them without being asked. Usually, it is because they have plans that day that they are in a hurry to get on with.


We played outside with friends even though it was a bit chilly. Ethan invited his friend Graeme over and Abby babysit for our neighbor. Lance worked from home so we got to see him a little bit more.  It was a relaxing day and we loved it.


Emma is our little artist right now. She bought this "ugly doll" at the toy store this week and decided to draw a self portrait of it. It's name is Jelly Bean.
 

This is Kate's new friend Trinity. She lives right behind us. 


Friday: Abigail invited her girlfriend Holly over. They made cookies and many home videos.  Ethan, Emma and Kate went over to friends house. 




Gavin was up again throughout the night again so I took him to the doctor. He had an ear infection.  This how I found him around 11:00 am. Early nap today.
 
Lance and I went on an awesome date.  We went to dinner and then a movie. After the movie we stopped by our friends house to play some games. I LOVE date night. This  date night was a much needed one, they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment