Yesterday during homework time I was snuggled up next to Emma reading with her. Wonderful thoughts were running through my mind like, "I sure am going to miss this one day." "Wow, Emma is reading very well." "I sure like Emma." Emma turns and looks up at me and pauses. Then she simply states "Mom, your eyes are all wrinkly." Really Emma, like I haven't noticed that along with being in my mid-30's I have many more wrinkles. I have been noticing bags under my eyes and lots more fine lines. I am trying to accept it with grace, thank you! Nothing like honesty from a child's mouth.
Then she got really silly. Do your kids do this? She could hardly get through a page without giggling. Before I knew it she was up dancing.
Ethan had a project due this week on Ben Franklin. We had lots of bonding time preparing for it. He dressed up like Ben Franklin when he presented it at school. He could rattle off all these random facts as well. Smart kid, I think!
And just in case you are having a bad day and need a lift, here is a picture of Lance in 3rd grade. Isn't he HOT! How did I get so lucky? He was very proud of his new uniform. He talked several of his friends into wearing their uniforms on picture day as well.
Plans for my day include:
Maybe heading to the Dr. for myself. I have had a sore throat for over 2 weeks.
Then I may head to Costco with the kids. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Getting Gavin a nap. Call my mom. That's about it for my day. Oh yea, enjoy the RAIN, again.
I think the sun still exist. Indiana, you are killing me !!!!!!!
I did work out this morning at the gym with my husband. Yay!

LOL love it! Oh out of the mouths of babes! nothing beats it really! You are beatiful sarah jane wrinkles and all! that lil emma i a porter through and through for sure! love her lil sense of humor! : ) love you too!
ReplyDeleteBAHAAA!! The scout uniform is a classic! I was a little distracted by his glasses to notice the whole uniform complete with his golden neck pull. Your hair looks darker, it's super cute!
ReplyDeleteHAAAHHHhhaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaa ha! That was funny. Love them kids! And Lance was such a hottie! It's a good thing we all grow out of that phase.
ReplyDeleteGood job working out!