Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter over the many years.

I love going through old pictures.

2010 Easter last year
Abby 11, Ethan 9, Emma 6, Katelyn 3, Gavin almost 2. Our first Easter in Indiana. The kids had a great time hunting for eggs in our front yard. Gotta love the early morning pictures. There is a reason I am not in the pictures usually.




2009 Easter
Abby, 10, Ethan 8, Emma 4, Kate 2,Gavin almost 1.  After our egg hunt in the backyard we headed over to a nearby park to hunt with our ward. We had donuts and enjoyed the day.








2008 Easter
Abby 9, Ethan 7, Emma almost 4, Katelyn 2, and pregnant with Gavin. Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard, then off to our ward hunt. Sunday we had Aunt Joy and her husband Greg , Lindsay and Jay (Lance's cousin), and Jennifer Martin was driving through on her way to California.

Alyse Ballard, Abby, Moyer

Emma and her B/F/F Kennedy.
 Then we dyed eggs together as a family. We try to do this each year. Sometimes with busier years we do it after Easter.


Jennifer Martin, Lindsay Martin, Me, Joy Martin

Lance, Jay, and Greg


2007 Easter
Abby 8, Ethan 6, Emma 2, Kate 7 months. We had just gotten our yard put in with a lot of rocks with a little grass.  We had our little eggs hunt and then later had some of our great friends(Myrers and Faulkners) over. The Faulkers we met the first week we moved to Vegas. They were brand new as well from Utah just like us. Kathy and I were like kindred spirits. I feel like I have always known her. I so miss her. The Myers were our friends from the Singles Ward years. Anna has always been one of those friends that makes me want to be a better person every time I am  around her. We are so fortunate to know both of these families.





Kate was only 7 months old. Yummy!

Ashlyn Faulkner, Abby, and Ashlyn Myers.
The Myers have 6 kids. Here are their oldest Brigg and Gunner.
Kathy and Jared Faulkner

2006 Easter
Abby 7, Ethan 5, Emma almost 2, and I was pregnant with Katelyn. We had just moved into our new Vegas home on White Lion, which was only a mile up the street from our old home. Lance was the bishop and the days were a little busier than before. s Lance's family lived in Utah so they drove down to spend Easter with us this year. It was perfect. 



Lance and his little brother, David
Lance's parents, Mike and Vicki. They are such wonderful in-laws. I am so fortunate.

Lance's cousin, Jason and his family lived close so they came over to dye eggs.

This is the cousin of Lance's that past away a couple years ago. We sure miss his fun personality. He was such a great guy and like a brother to Lance.

2005 Easter
Abby 6, Ethan 4, Emma almost 1.  We were fortunate to have some of Lance's family living close by in Vegas at the time. Aunt Joy and Uncle Jeff were always ready to have a good party. The kids loved getting together and swimming. Some of the best times for us. I miss it terribly. 

Lance and his cousin, Jay playing ping-pong. (Teagan and Taylor are the youngsters)




We were able to go to Texas around Easter and got to be a part of the Easter Egg Hunt at my parents.

2004 Easter
Abby 5, Ethan 3. I was pregnant with Emma. Abigail was 5 and Ethan 3. We were in the North Star Singles ward. 

 
 Bishopric of the Singles ward. Wilsons, Myers, and Martins. We got together and went to a community Easter Egg Hunt.
Our little family. (pregnant with Emma)

2003 Easter
We lived in Las Vegas on Power Quest Drive. Life with two kiddos was simple,nice and enjoyable. I have fond memories of this time of my life. I loved the pace.  We had only been in Vegas for almost 2 years. Abby was 4 and Ethan was 2.

Ethan got "Sammy the cougar" from the Easter bunny. Ethan LOVED Sammy.

Before church all dressed up.

2001 Easter with our Vegas family. Abby 2 years old, on the far left sitting with her cousins Makayla and Taite. Ethan was less than 3 months old.  I think we moved to Vegas the month after this from Murray, Utah.



2 comments:

  1. I love it when you do post like this...look at how your family has grown over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your hair in that last shot! Your house in N. Las Vegas looks like it could be right next door to our cousins! Thanks again for coming over tonight, we had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete