Tuesday, July 12, 2011

15 Year Anniversary Trip to Pensacola

When Lance and I started planning our get away this year we knew that we wanted go some where relaxing. A beach, a nice hotel, and good food. Those were the requirements. Everything was perfect. We drove to Georgia and dropped the kids off with Grandma and Grandpa as well as Aunt Aimee and Uncle David. This was one of the first years that I was not feeling so bad for leaving someone with ALL my young kiddos. Gavin was the only one I was worried about and he did great.  After a couple days in Georgia Lance and I drove down to Pensacola, FL (5 hour drive) We stayed at the Margaritaville Hotel Resort. It was fabulous. We were treated like royalty.  One of my favorite things about where we stayed was how remote it was. We practically had the beach to ourselves. The hotel had 8-10 hammocks out by the beach which we laid in every night. We ate good food, shopped, napped by the pool, played at the beach, and fell asleep in the hammocks. Then we would wake up repeat it all again the next day.

You never know what your hotel will look like in person. Pictures online can be so deceiving. We were pleasantly surprised.
Here is the view from our room. We loved opening the door at night and listening to the sounds of the beach.
Our first morning there.
This bridge led to the beach from our hotel.
One of my favorite nights a storm rolled in. The sky was so dark. Lance and I walked out to the beach and laid there for hours. We were the only ones out there.
Love the beach but there are times I just want clean, non-salty water. The pool was great because you could still hear and see the beach from it.
Breakfast at the hotel. So yummy!
As we were driving to Panama City Beach to meet our family we stopped in Destin, Fl.  The beaches were amazing. I definitely want to go back. There were a lot more people but it was gorgeous.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! You are so creative. Happy Anniversary to you!
    Whitney Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying over these pictures. It looks like heaven to me. (you vacation like we like to vaction!) SOOO glad you had such a fun, relaxing, well-deserved trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are just too cute! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! It sounds perfect, just doing nothing. The beaches there are so gorgeous. Glad you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like absolute heaven, Sarah! Happy 15 years!!

    I also love your new family photo up top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 15 years!!! WOW! I bet y'all had a blast just the two of you..great pics! Are you making your way to Texas soon? I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks absolutely perfect!!! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete