Saturday, July 16, 2011

Major Milestone

Emma lost her two front this morning. This is such a big deal for us.

April 2008 I took Emma (who was 4) to the dentist for the first time and found out she had 7 cavities. I was awarded "Best Mom Award" right then.  Two of them being between her two front teeth. Neither Ethan or Abby had ever had one cavity. What had we done different? The only thing I can think of is that Emma had a ton of food allergies when she was younger and could only have certain things to eat and drink. One of her favorites was her "Cokie" which was her rice milk in a sippy cup. I was careful to only give her 3 glasses a day, which was recommended by her doctor. However, I would allow her to carry it around all day and nurse it. 

This was her darling smile right after she got her caps put on her front teeth. 
She came downstairs this morning with one tooth missing. All I could say is we MUST pull the other one immediately!
Thankfully she was all about pulling the other one. She went into the bathroom and 5 minutes later they were both out.

1 comment:

  1. I love her toothless smile, she looks adorable! I hope Trevor follows her lead, both his front teeth have been loose for months, but he refuses to wiggle them.

    ReplyDelete