Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Museum Day

Gavin and Kate ask several times a week to make a visit there. Gavin loves the displayed transformer "Bumblebee" the most. Kate loves the Merry go Round (which was closed) "I wanna go see Bumblebee, Mom.  Will you take me there?" he ask every time he sees a picture of the museum.
Friday we headed downtown for several hours and explored. The frog exhibit had just begun so that was a fun treat. Something new to us.

After the museum we came home and had a good nap.
Every day when I put Gavin to bed I read a book to him and then he turns over like this and I rub his back while singing " I am a child of God" and "I hope they call me on a mission" Then I turn him over and kiss him all over his face. He love's it and I love it. It's our ritual. Everyday when he turns over, like this, I grit my teeth (my mom always did this when we were little. i am not sure why but all i know is now i do it with out even thinking about it) as I think about how much I love his hair messed up like this. I had to capture it so I will always have it. 
Silly, yes I know but I do love it.

Later Friday night Abby went to the mall with some of her girlfriends while the other kids went were invited to our neighbors house to watch an outdoor movie- Yogi bear. It was in the low 60's so the kids bundled up and took their blankets. It was a nice quiet night for Lance and me. 
I read my new books and Lance played with his new phone.






No comments:

Post a Comment