Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Potty training update

I thought I would just comment about our potty training here.

Gavin is doing great. He still has accidents but a lot less. I remind him here couple hours to use the potty and I think that has been the biggest help. I do not get mad when he has an accident. I just grin and bear it.

I did read somewhere that sometimes after a child has been potty trained for a while and learned how do do it (and the newness as worn off) they start to hold it when they are playing. They have already mastered how to do it and know  that they can do it. They start holding it (similar to what I do when I am somewhere and don't want to stop to use the bathroom, oh yeah I have an awesome bathroom dance) well by ignoring the sensation they become desensitized to the urge to go and then it is too late when they realize.

I thought it sounded legit. Whether it is or not it made me feel a little more compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment