Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Time

I am really enjoying the pace this Christmas season.  We got to enjoy several school plays and recitals this year as well attended a couple Christmas parties.  All the Christmas presents have been purchased and most of them have been wrapped by my newly recruited elves (Abby and Ethan). Now it is time to just sit back and enjoy the spirit of Christmas. We are starting make several new traditions this year.   Some of my favorites include: Elf on the shelf, the Christmas Advent calendar that I made with my mom and sister a couple years ago, making gingerbread houses, cinnamon rolls Christmas morning, and reading Christmas stories each night is one I want to start. Do you have any that you love? I would love to hear them.
Piper our Elf changes his location every night after he flies back to North Pole to report how the Martin's behaved. The kids love coming down each morning to see where he will be that day.
Each day one of the kids gets to pick out a gift. (a pack of gum, a toy car, lipstick)
My family did the advent calendar when I was a child. I loved the tradition. When I was home a couple years ago my mom and I saw one in Pottery Barn that looked like this one. We decided that we could just whip it out.  I think it would have been easier and cheaper to just buy the $75 tree. . . it's all about the memory, right?
We haven't had a chance to make them this year, but I do have them purchased. It will happen.
Kate is so very shy. This little girl at her preschool is super outgoing and is always encouraging Kate to come sit by her. You can tell that Kate is struggling being so close. Where did Katie come from?

For their party, Kate's class played Button, Button who's got the Button?

Gavin was on a sugar high this morning. We love his awesome teacher Miss Angela.
Another game for Abby.



Gavin, Kate and I were able to attend Emma's school party this year. It was loads of fun for the little ones to be there. We frosted cookies, played bingo and decorated Christmas trees.  I loved watching Emma's face light up as she noticed that we arrived. 

Emma also told me that is was wacky hair day. I didn't notice anyone else with wacky hair...??? Emma and Kate sure looked cute.






Ethan is so very patient with Gavin.  I am thankful for him.  Each night it is Ethan's responsibility to put Gavin to bed. I am usually tired by that point and they both love it.  Ethan reads to him (in a very animated voice), sings to him and then they cuddle.  It is not uncommon to find the two of them out like this.

Our family at Flap-Jacks. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment