Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas morning


As I was laying in bed Christmas Eve I heard Lance say to the kids that they could wake us up any time after 5am.  I was thinking more like 7am mainly because it was already late(after midnight) and I knew my night was just beginning.
Sure enough, at 4:45am I heard children up and then knocking on our door at 5:00am.  It was Abby and Ethan. We went downstairs and started watching them open all their gifts. 

 Abby asked for clothes and money. She was excited to go shop the after Christmas sales.
 Ethan wanted MONEY.  Christmas Eve he went out and purchased a 3DS Nintendo with some money that he had saved up so he was happy.

 Around 6:30 Emma came down and joined the fun.
Emma wanted a ton of little nic nacs and that is what she got. On the top of her list were fake glasses, fedora, Justin Beiber bag, clothes, and candy.
 Lance got a new watch and car stereo. I sold my camera and lens and bought a new one.


 Abby and I made cinnamon rolls the night before so we enjoyed those.


Amazingly, Kate and Gavin slept in till 8:00. 
The kids sat around enjoying their gifts and then we got ready for our 11:00 church. We enjoyed listening to and singing Christmas songs about Christ.  



Kate wanted a go fish game and Gavin asked for a train/car set.


 After church we came home and and enjoyed more time with our toys.


She was not feeling the pictures.




 Thankfully my Christmas wish came true with a long nap. Great day. Later Christmas Evening we skyped both of our families. It was great to see everyone.
During our skype session with my family I was persuaded (it didn't take much) to pack up and go to Texas.  My brother and his family were driving down from Utah ( we rarely get to see them) so it was killing me not to go. Lance kept telling me I should go and that I would regret not going.  We left the next day and stayed for a week. Lance was able to head to Georgia and be with his family for the New Year.  We hated to be apart but things worked out.  We all had an awesome vacation.

2 comments:

  1. The more you blog, the more I love it...and love all the pictures! Makes it feel like you're not so far away. I'm hoping to get mine caught up this week too! love ya girl!!

    I hope you had a blast in Texas! I'll be looking forward to those pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures! You inspire me to put down my camera phone and pick up my real camera more often (hard when I always have a baby on my hip!)

    ReplyDelete