Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kate and Mom make muffins

Kate and I had a great time cooking muffins yesterday while Gavin was napping. It is so wonderful to be able to focus on just her for a few hours. Kate doesn't get much one on one time. (Shoot, none of my kids do for that matter.)  I feel like it aloud us to bond a little more.  Plus, I am a little more patient when it is just her and myself.  She enjoyed getting to stir the batter and then licking the bowl all by her self. She didn't have to share with anyone. It was good for us both.  I think I may have a cook on my hands.




After we made muffins we made French bread to go along with dinner. 
As Kate was heading off to quiet time this afternoon she reminded me that if I cook anything today she would like to be a part of it.

I have been feeling like I needed some one on one time with Ethan so earlier this week Lance held the fort down so Ethan and I could go out for dessert and shop for jeans he needed. We had a great time chatting.  He is such a deep thinker. I was asking him about his friends and about the book he is reading. He told me he was lucky to have such a neat mom like me. Just like his father he always knows how to charm a lady. he continued charming me by getting all my doors for me.
Darn, that boy is going to make some lady very happy one day.

1 comment:

  1. I still call dibs for Katelyn but I'm sure she'll have to fight for him!

    ReplyDelete