Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin patch/ Piano

Last week Kate's kindergaten class was going on a field trip to Beasley's Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch in Danville.  The weather was cool and felt just like fall. Gavin had preschool so that meant it was just Kate and myself. We sure enjoyed getting to hold hands and snuggle on the hayride.






Saturday morning was the Carmel, Indiana temple groundbreaking. Abby and I went to the church and watched it via broadcast. We are so excited to get a temple close by(45min) although it will be 2 years before it is done.

Here is a picture of the lot in Carmel. Gavin and I drove by yesterday.
I having been searching for a piano for a few weeks and finally found one that was just right. We called all our neighbors to come and help us move it in this last Saturday. It is so nice to have a piano for Abby to practice on. Hopefully, there will be others who learn to play as well. Abby is trying diligently to teach the girls. We shall see. 





 Decorating for Halloween. 
Lance is usually the one leading the charge to decorate for all the different holidays. The kids followed him around screaming with glee as he pulled out all their favorite decorations.







Every year Kate nearly wears this scarecrow out.
She dances all around the house carrying it around like it's her best friend.

 The other day I was in the girls bedroom closet. I heard GAvin come in but he was not aware that I was in the closet and had a perfect view of him. He picked up Mckenna (the doll) and began talking to her in a low voice as he placed her on his hip. He was telling her all about our winter plans and how we were going to stay in a hotel. I was laughing so hard.

Sunday morning Hungry Hippo game before church.

Today was a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Gavin's preschool. It was a cold and yucky day. There was a constant drizzle. We still had fun with all our friends and were grateful for our rain boots.





3 comments:

  1. I'm dying over that last pic...love your coat and hat! I'm feeling inspired to go shopping now. So cute of you two!!(and laughing at the Gavin/McKenna story..I can totally picture you cracking up in the closet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last shot of you and Gavin is so frame worthy!

    ReplyDelete