Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lots of fun around here

January is the coldest month here in Indiana. Typical temperature are in the 20's. Burr! It is about this time of year I become a big wimp. I long for those warm temperatures Las Vegas used to offer me. Park days all winter long. Oh how I miss that.

Anyway...last week we had one random day of warmth. It was in the mid 60's. It was so heavenly. There were kids running all through the neighborhood. It made us all so anxious for spring...which is too far away.


Katie lost her first top tooth last week (She has already lost her two bottom teeth). I can hardly stop smiling when she is around.  I love this grin. I hope that other one falls out soon.
    
Kate is one of our many artist in this family. The girl has mad skills with a paper and crayons. What mother doesn't love her kids art work? Kate brought home this picture from school the other day of her when she is 106.  Look at those wrinkles. I absolutely love it!!! I told her I wanted to take a picture of her holding it and she said "Mom, that is so embarrassing." I am not sure why but apparently it was to her. DARLING!

Having a kindergartner in the house is a real treat. I love watching them slowly grasp reading. The way their little eyes light up when they get a word right. They are so very proud of themselves and so am I.   As a mom, there is nothing better than watching your kids accomplish things. It makes me so happy!


Gavin has been enjoying his legos and play doh a bit more lately. I am so darn happy about that. I know that for many people that doesn't mean anything but this kid never sits still and just plays (unless he is hold something electronic). He must have played with the play doh for 2 hours the other day. 
   
Helping Emma do her homework is quite the chore, but it must be done. She is so giggly (at least when I sit down beside her to help out). I must admit that trying to focus in all the after school craziness would be super hard for anyone. It is often like a zoo around here from 4-7pm. 

Talk to the hand, Mom!  Not another picture.


Can I just tell you how excited I am that my kids are getting to play basketball with this Upward league? It has been the absolute best experience. Not matter what level my kids are  on they feel awesome. Most of the coaches are dads or grandpas. They are so encouraging and kind. They never push the kids too hard. They just help them learn the fundamentals of basketball.  Ethan has really grown since we began playing.  In the beginning he was great defensively but he was a little unsure when it came to being on the offense. Something click for him this last week. He became more aggressive and hungry for the ball. He was excited to make several  baskets including one in the last 5 seconds of the game. 

Ethan making a shot. 
 Look how fun this banner is!  Emma felt like a super star. She is loving play ball herself. She is so cute to watch. She just kind of bounces around with a smile on her face. She made a few points during her game, also. 


Lance giving Emma a pep talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment