Friday, February 22, 2013

Countertops, New Beginnings

When we moved into our home there were a few things I felt strongly about replacing/changing eventually. The paint (check), the carpet (check), and the countertops (check).

BEFORE

AFTER
Lance was asked to (substitute) teach for seminary this week. I always love getting up and going with him even if it is at 6am. I work so closely with these kids and it is fun to watch Lance interact with them. They absolutely love him and beg him to come back.

Wednesday night our was our NEw Beginnings Night in YW. We decided to do a "kick-off" (pep rally) theme night. It was so much fun. I think the girls really loved it.
Our bishop announced (in a sports announcer voice) each of the girls names as they ran through a sign we had made. Everyone cheered them on.

Emma, Kate, and Gavin enjoyed cheering from the side.



Each class did several cheers to introduce all the 8 values. This is Abby's group, Junior class (MiaMaids)

Serious Coach chat from our great Bishop

I couldn't keep my eyes off this hot guy on the front row.

Bishop, had the girls get down and chat. He was hilarious. The girls loved it!

 The leaders did a surprise dance for the girls. Have you heard of "Gangnum Style"? We did "Avon Style". I work with some of the most fun women. We had fun preparing for this.


Here is most of our YW group. What a fun night. 
 Abby and her girl-friend, Sam just finished their science project. 
(Yes, they realized they spelled respiratory wrong) 

1 comment:

  1. If only I had known.. .I would have BEEN THERE to see that dance!!!!
    Looks like it turned out amazing. No surprise.

    ReplyDelete