Happy 12th Birthday to Ethan. Ethan asked for money this year and that is what he got from both grandparents and us as well. Here he is opening a few of the gifts we gave him. Soda, candy, cereal, glasses, and money. We were all their to celebrate.
![]() |
| Yummy raspberry candy made these guys have blue tongues. |
![]() |
| I think he was most excited about these. They are so him. |
Ethan was so gracious while opening up his gifts. He kept saying things like "This is exactly what I wanted." or "I love it all, thank you so so much." I was a little worried that he would be disappointed. Most of the gifts are silly little things. Lance and I have made a conscience decision to not overdue it with our kids and their b-days. Neither of us grew up getting super spoiled. We don't want them to come to expect or feel entitled to all of it. Besides being worried about spoiling them, it does get expensive when you multiply it by 5(6). Anyway, I was so grateful that he was so thankful and kind. It was a great day.
Check out this beauty from 2007
![]() |
| Prego with Gavin |
Turning 12 is a BIG deal around here. For starters at church you no longer go to Primary. Primary is for kids 3-11. Ethan has been the only boy in his class for years and was so extremely ready to make this change. He will now go to Wednesday night activities with the youth in our church. He is so ready!
Another super exciting thing is young men turning 12 receive the priesthood. He will now pass the sacrament during our meetings. Doesn't he look handsome in his little suit.
A few months ago Ethan taught me how to tie a tie.
It seems like yesterday when he was just starting to wear a tie and suit to church.
Later Sunday afternoon we skyped Lance's parents. They are so good to always call on special occasions It was so nice to see their faces. It makes it easier when we have to live apart.
Lance was making scotcharoos for a work friend's b-day. He had lots of willing helpers. I think it took twice as long but they sure had fun helping Dad.












No comments:
Post a Comment