Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lunch, a lime, guns, and a wiggly tooth

Most every single day Gavin ask for the same thing for lunch. He loves cheese quesadillas and guacamole. He has really enjoyed helping me cook in the kitchen lately so today l let him cook his own quesadillas. He was in heaven. Boy, I sure am gonna miss this little guy when he goes to school. It will be a very bittersweet day. I know that he will be so happy. He can't wait to go on the big school bus like his older siblings. I will enjoy every moment I can get for now. Even when he is bored and driving me crazy.



Trust me when I say that I know that it is unhealthy for me to baby this kid as much as I do. I realize that it makes him act rotten sometimes. I know that he is milking it half of the time (by that I mean he acts like he is hurt or can't do something just so I will do it for him). I realize that I am not in control because I am wrapped so tightly around his little finger. I hate it and love it all at the same time.

Even if he is almost 5, he is my baby...but not for long.

Speaking of that baby I am making. Can you believe I am officially 11weeks, already. I read today that the baby is the size of a lime. The kids had a good time playing around with our "little baby". It is so fun to have so many other people excited about a new baby.

Saturday afternoon the doorbell rang, as I opened it up this is what I saw. 
"Can Ethan play?" they all asked.
"Uhh, sure?!"

These kids really are harmless but a little intimidating when you are not expecting it. Ethan has been saving up for quite some time to buy himself and air-soft gun. He was so exited to get out with the boys and do some damage. He came back with a fat lip where a pellet had hit him. Glad he wears protective glasses. We have lots of trees in our neighborhood behind our neighbors home so they go and chase one another back there. 

 As a mother, I am not sure how I feel about boys and toy guns. After seeing all the crazy stuff happening on the news with guns in the world it is hard to not be a little concerned. Lance assures me this is normal little boy stuff and not to worry.



I just have to show off Kate's loose tooth. It is just hanging there by a thread . . . or something. She is a good sport about letting me try to wiggle it out but it is not ready and I am not willing to push too hard. Hopefully soon it will come out. 


1 comment:

  1. maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think it's the playing with toy guns that promotes violence so much as watching violent shows and playing violent video games where they similate killing people/things. when they play with their toys, they know they are playing and just shooting each other for fun. somehow that's different than when the intention is to kill in a game, even though that's not real either. my dad and my husband both grew up playing bb gun wars and stuff like that, but not video games. neither one has a violent bone in their body. i think lance is right about it being just normal boy stuff. programming their minds to harm and kill is another matter. don't know if that made sense or not, but maybe you understand what i mean. =)

    ReplyDelete