Friday, December 20, 2013

Nutcracker, Sledding, Sam's Blessing

Sam is like a celebrity around our home.  When I lay him down the kids flock.  


Last Friday night Kate and I were able to get away on a little date. The local high school was putting on a production of the Nutcracker. Several of the youth from our church were performing in the orchestra so that was neat to see them.  Lance was kind enough to stay home with Gavin and Sam while everyone else had other plans. Emma told me she was not interested at all and decided to go to her friends house, Abby had to babysit and Ethan was at a church lock down with a friend. We had a great time.



A snow storm rolled in Friday night while we were in the play.  
The parking lot was covered when we came out. 

I love living in a place where there is snow. Yes it is cold but it is so darn beautiful. Waking up to a fresh blanket of snow is so exciting. It makes everything feel so calm and peaceful. My kiddos and hubby were determined to get out and play in it. We got everyone dressed up and drove to a nearby park to play. The crazy thing was that it began to rain. Rain and snow...I don't know that I have seen that combo. The kids got soaked. Samuel and I stayed in the car for the most part and watched the craziness. 

  















Sunday we blessed baby Sam. We kept meaning to do it sooner but for whatever reason it kept getting postponed. It was a very simple day since we had no family around. That made me kind of sad but that is ok. Lance gave a very sweet blessing. I got a little emotional (like I always do when my babies get blessed). I think often, what if we would have decided to stop after Gavin? There would be no Samuel. I am so grateful for the sweet experiences that I had that led our family to have Sam. 
He brings so much joy.





We invited our friends over to decorate sugar cookies this past week. 





1 comment:

  1. love looking at all of your pics. do you think one day our kids will say... mom, why did you put me in a basket when I was a baby?

    ReplyDelete