Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Time is Flying

Where is the time going and why is it going so darn fast? I can hardly keep up. Seems like I feel this way every year around the holidays. Things around the Martin household are still very crazy and chaotic but we all seem to be adjusting to this new normal of having a new baby. Emotions continue to be high and there is pure exhaustion each and every night but 
we are all happy and thriving for the most part. 
Little Sam is growing like a weed. I swear he changes daily. We all love watching his little body start to fill out and get chubby like true Martin babies do. His little smile can melt your heart in an instant. Look at him trying to stand! He is so very active and strong. This kid hardly ever stops moving. His hands and feet are constantly kicking and swinging. I say it a million times a week but he reminds me so much of Abby as a baby. He kind of has a hard time relaxing and just chilling. It keeps us all on our toes, that's for sure. So much for a calm, easy going baby. Sam is here to be heard and not forgotten. We absolutely love him and can't get enough of his sweetness. 
I love what babies bring into a home. 
Pure Love! Our entire family is smitten.




Just because, I had to snap a picture of my kiddos as they were heading out the door for school. Mornings can be so hectic and wild but it is so worth it for these little cuties. I love watching them run off to catch the bus. They are so excited to go to school and be with their friends. (not sure how long this will last)  Have I mentioned that I love the peace and quiet as I close the door behind me after watching them get on the bus. It is such a contrast to only moments before. Crazy to calm in an instant. 
I love this time of the day.

Around 7 weeks Sam seemed to peak as far as his fussiness. He rarely seemed happy when he was awake.  He didn't act like he was in pain but just discontent. Didn't he get the memo that baby #6 is supposed to be laid back and easy!!!!  A girl can dream, right?
I am not sure if this is true but when I googled 7 week old fussy there were lots of articles that talked about 7 weeks being the peak of baby's fussiness. It had something to do with their development. It gave me hope for better days.  

 


Sam is now 9 weeks old and he does seem to be less grumpy.  He is starting to interact with us so much more now. He gives his cute smiles more freely (with a little baby talk). His whole body wiggles when he smiles. His eyes watch you closely as you move around the room and you can tell he is curious about what is going on.  He is starting to be more content and happy (hallelujah).  He still sleeps a lot through out the day which seems crazy to me.  He is only awake for and hour or so at a time.  I usually feed him and then he will play for 15-20 minutes and then he is ready for his next nap. No complaining here. He will usually sleep a good 1-2 hours (sometimes 3-4) and then we repeat the cycle.  I am so grateful that things are starting to be a little more predictable. 

A few phone pictures from our week:

  


Rarely do these kids bathe together because they get so crazy splashing all around.


Lance took Sam the last hour of church and got him to sleep. I love the contraption he made with the diaper bag and carseat so that his arm didn't get tired. He sure is an awesome guy!
Sam will be so much happier when he can entertain himself with toys. We are getting there.


Lance surprised me with tickets to Wicked this year.  Because Sam and Gavin would not appreciate the theater he offered to stay home with them and so I could take the older kids. It really meant a lot to me because I know how much Lance would have loved to go with his kids to see Wicked.

Gavin was so excited for his special night with dad. He kept saying "Hey Dad, remember you and me have a special night coming up, just you me and Sam. Can we go into your office and talk about it?" It was so cute how pumped he was. Lance told him he got to choose the the restaurant where they would eat. Gavin chose Red Robin but at the last minute changed to McDonalds (lucky Lance). Gavin was beaming all night.




Downtown on Mass Ave. in front of one of our favorite signs.

Getting a bite to eat and some Hot Cider and Chocolate before the show at Starbucks.
 The kids absolutely loved the show. They were on the edge of their seats the whole time. 

So Lance's family painted these little wooden eggs when he was probably 12 years old. His mother still has them and keeps them out on a shelf at her home. My kids, especially Abby, are enamored with them. They have asked that we make eggs for our family. I need to get a picture of the finished products. The kids always have a great time painting things. 





 Not sure where Ethan was but he didn't participate in the egg painting on this day. 
Boy he sure missed out.

Lance and his buddy, Rick (also our Bishop) have been like two little boys playing tennis each week. The weather is slowly getting too cold for tennis so they are trying to get in every last moment they can. I love seeing Lance get so excited about it. 




1 comment:

  1. loved chatting with you today! and catching up on your blog. Little Sam totally looks like a baby doll in some of those pics! He is adorable! (and envious you got to see Wicked!!)

    ReplyDelete