Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas Morning

3:20 am Christmas Morning
This is when our morning began. I woke up to feed the baby and passed by the front door where I saw Gavin and Kate opening the front door squealing with excitement, "The reindeer ate our food!" I tried to quietly sneak into my room so they would not see me and know I was awake. I climbed into bed and soon heard they little footsteps entering our room. Lance told them to go back to bed because it was too early.  Yea right, they were not going back to sleep but maybe they would let us rest for a bit longer. They went downstairs and got grandma and grandpa up. From what I was told Grandma made a little picnic for them to enjoy together- cinnamon sugar toast and bananas. As they enjoyed their picnic they opened up their stockings.
Around 5:00am Kate came and tapped on my shoulder, "Grandma says it is time to get up." Oh did she, I thought. I guess that means it is time to get up then.  Lance and I both stumbled out of bed and were surprised to see everyone ready to open presents.

Kate wins the award for most excited child this year. She was so giddy with excitement.
The main thing Kate asked for this year was a large munchkin. I am not sure where she saw or heard about this but she was adamant. Her dreams all came true Christmas morning.

Emma was most excited for her very own nano. This girl loves her music. She no longer has to share the family Ipod. Happy Day!

Abby got her first pair of Vans. You can see it in her face, pure joy!
Gavin was most excited about this pinball machine. He could hardly wait to open it up.
Ethan has been saving up to get himself a playstation. 
Santa helped him pay for part of it so he was very happy.

        Sam joined in on the fun eventually. He got some clothes, Lincoln logs and a Bumbo seat.



Grandma and Grandpa got the kids Scrabble and little stuffed animals. The kids were super excited.


After all the gift opening we all sat around and enjoyed some yummy cinnamon rolls and fruit together.
We chatted with David (Lance's brother) and and his family via facetime.

The girls got these matching journals.
Abby got this soft and cozy blanket. Lance is admiring it.
This girl is so darn cute.
Sam wanted to join in on all the fun but was getting frustrated that he could get up and see things. Abby and Grandma both took turns "wearing" him around the house. He loved it!



Santa and Piper both left notes for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment