Our family had talked about staying in a hotel over the Christmas break. We didn't necessarily know where to go but we knew we wanted to get away for at least a night. The kids absolutely love staying in a hotel room and getting to swim. This all sounded fun but I was a little skeptical because sharing a room with Samuel at this age is so unpredictable.
Ethan was the one that really pushed for it. Lance and I both got on the computer and started looking for places close by. We looked for places in downtown Indy but the prices were all super high because of it being so close to New Year's. I had heard about this small town nearby called Columbus, Indiana. It is about an hour away. I was told that there was an old fashion soda fountain/ice cream parlor shop as well as an indoor playground across the street. There was a fun hotel close by, also. I was sold because we needed indoor activities and this place had lots of options.
We decided to give it a try and I am glad we did.
![]() |
| Cute and quaint little town of Columbus. |
![]() |
| The Commons, was a fun indoor playground. |
![]() |
We were all excited to see the hotel. It was exactly what we were looking for. It was called the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center. When we lived in Utah and Vegas we would often stay at a hotel downtown Salt Lake, called Little America, over the Christmas break. This totally reminded us of that place. We loved that it had lots of personality and was decorated for the holidays. Although this place wasn't quite as nice it had a very similar feel to Little America. There weren't many people so we pretty much owned the place. We will definitely be going back.
There was a little putting green area, arcades, ping pong tables and a pool table next to the pool. There was plenty of things to keep the kids all entertained. I personally loved the hot tub. Sam did a great job. He never actually got into the pool but he did nap by the pool. Close enough.
![]() |
| Hotel had a little buffet the next morning. |
We love to eat out together. I can't help it. My roots are from Texas. We like good food.
I think Columbus was even more fun because it was Christmas time. We loved seeing all the Christmas decorations around the town and in the restaurants.
This pizza place we found was so good!
We finally made it to Zaharakos, the old fashion ice cream parlor. Definitely, the highlight of our visit. This place was perfect. The ice cream was awesome. The service was great. If you live close by you need to make a trip to Columbus, preferably around the holidays. This place was magical.
There was Christmas music playing loud throughout the restaurant. Abby was really enjoying it.
The next day was New Year's Eve. We woke up and swam one more time. After several hours of doing that we headed towards home. We had to make a pit stop by BJ'S for lunch and a pizookie (dessert). We also enjoyed a little shopping at the mall in Greenwood. I sure love being with this group of 7 people. New Year's Eve was a calm and relaxing. Lance and I hung out at home and the kids kind of came and went. We actually stayed up to watch the ball drop.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment