This week I took Abby to the BMV to take the written portion of her driver's test. How did this creep up on me so fast? I always knew this would happen but I can't believe she's already 15 and driving.
She passed the test with flying colors. She was so nervous. When Abby gets nervous she talks a ton. She had me worn out by the time she started her test.
What an exciting time for her! I can remember starting to drive. You can just start to tasted the sweet freedom coming your way. Abby drove home from the BMV, which is super close to our home. This was her 2nd time behind the wheel. We drove to a close by neighborhood and practiced for a little bit. She did a great job. She's super cautious which makes me feel little better. I love getting to be a part of her learning to drive. Once she passed her written test she was able to sign up for a drivers ed, the driving part. She has driven with him several times this week and will continue to do so throughout the month. I feel better and know that it is boosting her confidence to drive around with him. She just needs practice, practice, practice.
![]() |
| About to take the written portion of driver's test at BMV. |
![]() |
| Yeah!! Abby passed her test and now has her permit!!!! |
Abby has always been my most cautious child. Plus, she wants to be good right away. She can be so hard on herself for making simple mistakes. I try to tell her that everybody had to start some where. No one is good right away. She is a hard worker and will figure it out. Until then, I will continue to giggle under my breath (yes I know, that is childish) as I watch her. I love this girl.
Last night Lance and I took one of our first date nights without Sam. He is five months old now and I am feeling more comfortable leaving him home with Abby. Lance and I decided to drive up north and go get sushi at a restaurant called "Sushi on the Rocks" and then we went shopping. We went to one of my favorite stores called "Arhaus"(sounds like our house). It has the most beautiful things for your home. It is a little out of our price range but was still fun to look around. Then we walked around the Keystone mall.
We came home to these awesome kiddos. The house was all clean and the kids were in their beds. Thank you!!!
![]() |
| We can not get enough Monopoly these days. I think we played it 3 times this week. |
I am a bit discouraged right now because I think that Sam has some food allergies. I have suspected it for quite a while but have tried everything else hoping that that was not the problem. He has started breaking out in hives/eczema after he eats or nurses. I am going to eliminate milk, eggs, and nuts for now.
His eczema has been really bad, lately. A good friend of mine (love you, Katherine) emailed me and told me that her dermatologist had recommended bleach baths for her son. I had also read about this online from the national eczema website. (They are basically like getting in the pool.) I decided to give them a try. They seem to really help. I have been doing them 2 to 3 times each week.
I have been told bathing every day and then lathering him up with Aquaphor afterwords is the best thing to do. I feel like I can have a full-time job just taking care of his skin. Poor Sam just iches so bad. Everyday he has new scratch marks all over his body. I feel pretty helpless and I'm not sure what to do. I think cutting out these foods may help the eczema from flaring up.
I was telling Lance how bummed I was about changing my diet. No milk products?! I mean, I love my dairy products like milk, cheese, butter, ice cream...etc. Food allergies stink! Lance is so awesome that he offered to go off these foods with me. What a supportive guy he is.
We will see if any of this helps. I sure hope so.
Sam has started rolling over a little bit. He has only rolled from his tummy to his back. He absolutely loves his Johnny Jumper these days. There have been a number of occasions where he set in the jumper over an hour. We have a place in our home now that allows him to be right in the center of all the action. He just sits and watches everyone run around doing their thing. He loves it. We can't get enough of watching him in it. He has such a sweet disposition. Love his little body, eczema and all.
Friday night the kids and I went to their school fundraiser/ chili cook-off. Lance wasn't home from work yet and I just wanted to go and get home. (I know, Mother of the Year attitude, right?) It was exhausting but I am glad we went. The kids were so excited to go. The school does such a great job at getting the kids all hyped to go.
My kids came home Friday and insisted that we go. All of their friends were going...I tried to get out of it but there was no way. Once we got there it wasn't too bad. There were some games and a silent auction. Kate and Gavin were so jazzed because both of their names where called from the raffle. Yeah, we won two beta fishes. They were so happy. We'll see if we can keep these fish alive. Gavin has already dropped his fish once. The container cracked and broke (of course) and the fish went flying out onto the carpet. Lance quickly picked it up and put it in a cup full of water.
Our last beta fish died because Gavin tried to"pet" it. Yep, he reached in and gave it a good "pet" and the next thing we knew the fish was floating belly up. He didn't even realize it happened. Emma was devastated because it was her fish.











Poor guy! Hang in there! You're looking good by the way! I love your blog, the kids are growing up!...Abby driving, wow!
ReplyDeletewhat about macey's beta fish that died while you were eternally fish-sitting for us. I felt so bad about that! good luck with the new betas. we just lost two. =(
ReplyDeletepoor sam and poor mom! I've heard those bleach baths can really help. I hope you get it figured out soon.
um, as far as the driving goes . . . I'm not letting mace behind the wheel for another 2 years at least. ha, ha. but adam is, so I loose. they can NOT be this old!