This week is flying by. I got home from Texas late Monday night. Lance and the boys were there to greet us. It was so great to kiss their little faces.
![]() |
| The morning I left, I followed the kids out to the bus stop to say one last good-bye. |
Here is a recap of our week in Texas:
![]() |
| Love this darling shirt my neighbor Leslie bought for Sam. |
It was so wonderful to have my sister and mother pick me up from the airport. We were all so excited to be together. We must have talked a mile a minute on the way home as we started talking about our plans for the week. It didn't matter what we did, we just wanted to be together.
Ambyr, Cohen and Avery came up Thursday morning to play with us. Loved getting to be with these guys. Cohen was not feeling 100%. He was not sure what to think about Sam.
Sam was so good on this trip. He took lots of naps and let us cuddle him most any time. I loved sitting by the fire and rocking him. Amazing how simple it feels to have just one baby at a time. Sam and I really enjoyed this peaceful get away.
My sister LeAnn, is starting a blog. She is pretty amazing when it comes to crafty cute ideas. She has a million ideas swarming around in her head at ALL TIMES. She is super excited to start sharing them with the world. Party City recently contacted her about using their material to make her creations. What an awesome opportunity! While I was in town we worked on her first Party City post for her blog. We did lots of decorating and then took pictures. We were pooped after several hours but I am so glad I got to be there to be a part of it. Check out her blog, crafty2thecore It is super cute. She is just getting started so there will be more soon.
The Friday I was there the weather was gorgeous. Can you say 73 degrees?! I needed that dose of warmth almost as much as visiting my family. I loved sitting outside basking in it. We went out to the land my family owns and let the bigger kids run around. It did start to get a little chilly as the sun went down so we made a fire. I was so proud of Sam for falling asleep in the baby Bjorn. He was so easy going like that on this trip. Bless him!
![]() |
| Sitting out on my parent's patio enjoying the warm weather. |
![]() |
| Nephews Houston and Carson- TROUBLE! |
It started to get a little chilly so we all headed back to my parent's home to visit a little more.
![]() |
| Watching a movie together. |
![]() |
| Playing with Sam |
For those of you that have never been in an LDS temple, it is the closest place to heaven on earth. I know many people think we are secretive and sneaky when it comes to the temple. Really, it is because our temples are so sacred to us as members. They are a haven from the world and all our earthly concerns (which sometimes seem unbearable).
Besides getting to be there with my parents and sister, I had a sweet experience Saturday. The kind of experience that you know you will never forget because it pierced your insides.
To see video from inside and learn more about LDS temples go HERE and HERE.
Sunday was the Super Bowl which gave us a good excuse to get together. My parents were so kind to open their home to my entire family (50+). It was a full house for sure but I LOVED getting to see everyone while I was in town. It sure is convenient that most everyone lives there so I can see them all when I visit. All those familiar faces just make me so happy. I love each one of them so much.
When the families all get together the girls have a tradition of playing "Wacky Six". It is absolutely crazy. And let me say that these girls are competitive. Elbows are being thrown, words and threats are being screamed out. It is a blast. They are all very good! I loved getting to sit in and make a fool of myself. They are all in a different league.

Monday afternoon came and it was time to head back home.
We had a little hiccup getting to the airport and I nearly missed my flight. Other than that, the flight home was a breeze. Sam literally slept the whole flight home. He wins the best baby award for our trip to Texas.
4 months is the perfect age to travel with a baby.
I am so thankful for this visit. I needed to be with my family, even if it was super short. So many great memories made, as usual. The kids and I are already planning a trip back in March for our Spring Break.
My husband and kids are so great for supporting me so I could take the trip. I love them!
I was so excited to see the boys there to pick us up Monday night.
When we arrived at the house Sam was attacked. There were 5 kiddos that missed him dearly. I waited my turn and eventually got a hug from everyone. How can I compete with Sam?








































No comments:
Post a Comment