Ethan's church class was asked to make a dozen rolls for our Thanksgiving feast as a ward. He did a great job! He really does enjoy being in the kitchen. Such a good sport.
I can't seem to get enough dinner pictures. It is my absolute favorite time of each day. I love when we all come together and catch up on each other's busy days. We have a tradition where we each tell what our favorite part of the day was and our least favorite part. I remember reading that this was a good way to get your kids to tell you about things that were bothering them. We love it and having been doing it for years.
Grandma's yard has so many leaves. This year she asked if my older kiddos would like to earn a little cash by helping her clean and rake her yard. These kids piped right up when they heard about earning money. Plus, extra bonus that they got to be with cousins.
David and Rachelle's family flew into town for the week. So excited that I live here and get to enjoy their visits now. Lance and I offered to pick them up from the airport. Ethan spent the night with all the boy cousins and Kate and Emma spent the night with Maren, Caroline and Lily. They all get along so well.
Ethan was super excited because he was able to spend the night with his boy cousins. Bright and early Thanksgiving morning the boys woke up to played a round or two of football in our "family turkey bowl". The good news was that no one was seriously injured. I always cringe when I hear that Lance is going to play because that is exactly how he tore is ACL when Kate was a baby. Thanksgiving football can get crazy.
| Allie joined along. |
| Sam is in a backpack asleep. It was a miracle. |
Sam fell asleep on my back and then I transported him into his stroller. He was worn out.
| My mom with my two Aunt's (dad's sisters) |
Thank goodness the weather was perfect so the kids loved being outside for most of the day.
We always tease Lance and Cole about being "posers" (boy who knows he is cute and poses for others). Well, Lance was a poser back in the day. Six kids has totally humbled him.
The kids loved playing in the leaves, playing football, and I think Lance even got a game of hacky sack going with the older kids. My parents have the perfect yard for being outside.
Sam just loved exploring with his cousins.
Some goofy pictures from the night. Did I mention that I forgot my camera? I was so sad about that but not to worry. My camera phone to the rescue.
Such a fun day with the family. So happy to be here!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment