Abby babysat for the Myers family over Memorial day weekend. It was so neat to watch her in action. She took them places, did crafts, and made music videos. She is going to be one awesome mom.
Since Sam has been sleeping in his big boy bed he gets up at crazy hours in the night. One night it was 3:00 am. He came to my room so I quickly marched him back up to his bed and told him it was bedtime. I got back in bed and fell asleep. When I woke up a few hours later I could see that he had been up the whole time eating (bag of chips was gone with crumbs everywhere), playing with toys and making messes. My solution was the double gates. I had to do this when Gavin was a baby. Now when Sam wakes up he usually just lays on the floor by the gates and goes back to sleep.We are making major progress on the potty training. Sam is doing great with peeing but he is a bit nervous about pooping. We are so close.
We are taking advantage of our community pool. We are there EVERYDAY. Thank goodness my kids love the pool as much as I do. It is the most relaxing place for us to be. No one is making a mess at the house and everyone is entertained. When Lance comes the kids never leave his side.
Part of getting Abby ready to leave for college included getting her wisdom teeth pulled, all 4 of them. It has been so painful for her. They said that she has a very narrow jaw so she would be more swollen and hurt. She hurt for a good 5 days. We had a little fun with her being drugged up.
Yay for summer! We have been enjoying playdates with friends that we don't get to see normally. Two of my high school girlfriends, Rockell and Brandi, and I got together with our little ones. Rockell was kind enough to host all of us with pizza and swimming. Great times!It was so fun to hang out with them. I was trying to explain to my kids how I was such good friends with them when I was Abby's age. We have so many memories together. So great that we get to continue these friendships.









No comments:
Post a Comment