Lance and I celebrated our 20th year anniversary July 30th. I can hardly believe it has been 20 years. I had the best time pulling out our old wedding video . The kids got a good laugh. So many memories came flooding back. I sure love this man of mine.
We spent our date night downtown Dallas at Klyde Warren park. We got food from a local food truck and then sat and watch all the fun families run around. I loved being downtown Dallas.
We planned a fun little get away for next weekend and will be staying downtown for 2 nights while Abby and Ethan hold the fort down. Woohoo. We must take advantage of Abby before she leaves in a month.
I like to pull out our wedding photos each year and take a walk down memory lane. Crazy to think I was only 2 years older than Abby is now. Blows my mind that she is getting so old.
And here is our engagement photo. Can't get enough of our amazing outfits and hair. We were so young. I was almost 20 and Lance was 24.
So fun to think back.
Back to current time. . .
Abby has been nannying for our next door neighbors. They have the most adorable kiddos. I love that she walks over often and hangs with us. Gavin and their little Ava where playing with this poor grasshopper.
Sam was willing to give me this huge grin.
Night swim with friends. The Christensens just got home from their 3 week trip to Utah. We were anxious to catch up with them. We met up at the pool for what ended up being 6 1/2 hours. We ordered a couple pizzas for dinner and then swam until 10:00 when the pool closed. Ending with a Sonic shake. It was a perfect summer night.
I have to mention this huge milestone that happened tonight. We have been trying to potty train Sam for the past 2 months (so he can go to preschool in the fall). He picked up peeing super quick but pooping in the potty is not his thing. He would rather poop in a diaper, or underwear, or bear booty. We have discovered that for whatever reason the pool relaxes him and he needs to poop when we go swimming EVERYDAY. This is a problem because changing a poopy swim diaper is DISGUSTING!!! I mean really gross. I won't go into detail but just trust me when I say it's gross. I literally gag each time I change him. He has pooped, at least once maybe twice, the last 20 times we have been swimming. He is definitely smart enough, he is just stubborn. This is what kills me. It takes every ounce of control to not scream at him. I have bribed him with everything I can think of. Suckers, ice cream from the vending machines at the pool, ice cream from the ice cream trucks, toys, candy...etc. Anything he wanted just so I would never have to change another poopy swim diaper. Please no! He didn't seem to be phased by any of it. After another pooping experience yesterday I mutter a silent prayer. The thought came to my mind to threaten taking away his binkie. So I did and guess what? Today he pooped four times in the potty. No poop in his swim diaper today! We celebrated with an ice cream from the vending machine.
Ethan had the cousins spending the night so they graced us with their presence. Love seeing them all together. They played a mean game of football in the pool.
Lance met up with us when he got home from work. Sam and Gavin were all over him.
I have to mention this huge milestone that happened tonight. We have been trying to potty train Sam for the past 2 months (so he can go to preschool in the fall). He picked up peeing super quick but pooping in the potty is not his thing. He would rather poop in a diaper, or underwear, or bear booty. We have discovered that for whatever reason the pool relaxes him and he needs to poop when we go swimming EVERYDAY. This is a problem because changing a poopy swim diaper is DISGUSTING!!! I mean really gross. I won't go into detail but just trust me when I say it's gross. I literally gag each time I change him. He has pooped, at least once maybe twice, the last 20 times we have been swimming. He is definitely smart enough, he is just stubborn. This is what kills me. It takes every ounce of control to not scream at him. I have bribed him with everything I can think of. Suckers, ice cream from the vending machines at the pool, ice cream from the ice cream trucks, toys, candy...etc. Anything he wanted just so I would never have to change another poopy swim diaper. Please no! He didn't seem to be phased by any of it. After another pooping experience yesterday I mutter a silent prayer. The thought came to my mind to threaten taking away his binkie. So I did and guess what? Today he pooped four times in the potty. No poop in his swim diaper today! We celebrated with an ice cream from the vending machine.
Ethan had the cousins spending the night so they graced us with their presence. Love seeing them all together. They played a mean game of football in the pool.
Lance met up with us when he got home from work. Sam and Gavin were all over him.
Abby and Elle popped over for a quick visit, too.
I took these wild ones for a midnight 7/11 run. Nothing like a good sugar rush to keep them going all night. Cousins are the absolute best. It is like torture getting them to take a photo. I told them I would take them to 7/11 IF I could get a photo of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment