Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween Party

Halloween is by far the most decorated holiday around my parents home. My mother LOVES Halloween and that is an under-statement.  She is known to some of her grandchildren as grandma halloween.   It was so fun to be there for this holiday.  We went trick or treating the night before so my kids didn't want to dress up again.  Actually, Gavin never dressed up. He refused.

We were able to go by and visit my Grandma Porter before. It is so strange seeing her get so old.  She is one of the most amazing women I know.  She never complains and has such a cheery disposition.  I want to be just like her. 


Here is a picture of her in high school. Isn't she beautiful.











Mom's house.


Sister LeAnn and her family-minus her son Chase who just left on a mission to Bolivia.

Scotty J brother-in-law,  brother Paul, brother Daniel

Paul and his wife Kathy

brother Paul, Dad,brother Daniel

Me and my pops.

Grandma Susan in all her glory.




Rolling down the hill was great until Gavin was bit by fire ants.  He had at least 15 bites on one leg. OUCH! Fire ants are lame.

Ambyr and me

SIL Kathy, Cousin in law Terin, me, SIL Ambyr, sister LeAnn

Me and little brother Mark.

Me, my brother Daniel, sister-LeAnn,

My SIL, Ambyr with her 3 little babies. 


I don't get to do these family get-togethers every month like the rest of my family but I certainly know why my mother is falling a sleep on a skeleton by the end of the night.  There were 30 plus people at her home and over 1/2 were kids, sugared-up kids at that.

3 comments:

  1. slooks like so much fun

    i absolutly love your mom & leann & you your family is sooo much fun & amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see so much of your family together. You're a good mom - I don't think I could have done that drive alone with kids. Impressive! Looks like it was well worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first picture gave me a good laugh. Can I borrow those ear phones?? I could use them during the day! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete