Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas in Texas

I am having a hard time finding time to blog about our Texas holiday.  It was fun,stressful, busy, sad, and most important memorable.  Traveling with a big family can be overwhelming. While we were there my sweet grandma passed away.  It was great to see all my family together. My grandma looked beautiful and I know she is so happy to be reunited with her husband after their separation of 10 years. I will blog more about that later. For now here are some pictures from our two week trip.



Lance taking a run out on the family land. The first couple days we were there the weather was in the high 80's. So wonderful.



My mom sure knows how to decorate for the holidays.  She is putting lights up till the night of Christmas Eve.  Our family hasn't been home for Christmas in 10 years.  It was fun to be home. Gavin behaved himself for the most part. He loved these houses.

Lance is going to steal this little girl one day.  I heard him telling my sister-in-law that he would have another one if he knew she would be as cute and sweet.  Those are big words for my husband.  Avery is a absolute doll.  

Below is me and two of my cousin-in-laws. I am so fortunate to have awesome girls in my family. We had a blast playing the Wii . Our favorites was Just Dance. 


 


 





Christmas Eve was a crazy wild night.  My parents hosted our whole family gathering. I am not sure how many people were there but there were a ton.  Christmas morning was so nice and relaxing. I made cinnamon rolls and my mom made a yummy coffee cake. We just hung out and ate.

When my dad reads to my kids he has always added his own twist.  It is typical for Cinderella to go around the palace with bad gas. She is usually tooting throughout the whole story. My kids love it.  They just giggle which only sets my dad off more.  They think grandpa is crazy.  When I heard about this book called Walter the Farting Dog" I knew what I wanted to get my dad for Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun with everyone! Walter the Farting dog...sounds like the perfect book for Dallin. Ok, and your like the 50th person I've heard say Just Dance is so much fun. For some reason I can see you being way good at that. ;)

    (so when you said you were gonna call me back...were you uh talk'n weeks, months, years? *wink wink. You KNOW I'm totally kidding!! Just had to tease you.)

    ReplyDelete