So this morning, or I should actually start off by saying last night I got to bed around 9:45pm. So this morning when my alarm went off at 6:20am, I felt well rested. Everyone seem to wake up in better moods this morning.
Kate and Gavin watched the big kids get on their buses and then we headed to the doctor. Kate had a well check in preparation for preschool. I felt terrible but she had to get 5 shots. Gavin had to get 1. I was preparing myself for the worst but luckily Kate was very brave and didn't cry at all when she was given her shots. Gavin only cried for a bit. Afterwards we went and got a strawberry milkshake and everyone was happy. Kate enjoyed her "bragging rights" for not crying the rest of the day.
I was able to talk with my mom on the phone as well as one of my best friends (old roommate) today. I sat outside for a bit while the kids played and read my book The Help. I have really enjoyed reading it although I find it hard to stop and start all the time. I want to just sit around all day and read, which is not happening right now. Does any one else get frustrated by this?
| Kate is showing her battle wounds in both her arms. |
We had nothing planned for tonight. A free night. The kids ran around the neighborhood while I cooked dinner. Abby was so cute playing her violin tonight. She is learning lots of new stuff this year.
I have been making some yummy recipes from Gina's Skinny Taste. It's yummy and healthy.

Loved chatting with ya girl...it totally made my day!! (that website looks like it has some dang good recipes! yum, thanks for sharing!!)
ReplyDeleteI loved that book...had a hard time putting it down too! Wish we could go see the movie together! Love ya!!