I will blog a little more later but for those that are here in Indiana I wanted to personally invite you over for lunch this afternoon. 12:00 come over and bring something to munch on. My girlfriend Lindsay is putting together a last minute get together for lunch today. The more the merrier.
Bring your kiddos, too. It is supposed to be awesome weather so we will let the kids run free outside. Hopefully we can chat and have a great time.
For those of you far away I so wish I could hang out with you. I miss you so MUCH.
Here are some of my most favorite people, right here. They sure made my day a special one. Nothing like getting together with girlfriends, enjoying good food, laughing and chatting. Thanks to my girlfriend Lindsay who insisted that we do this today I feel super special on my birthday.
Moving 2 years ago was an extremely hard thing for me. While living in Vegas I had an opportunity to developed some very deep lifelong friendships. They kind of friendships you only make a few times in life. My friends and ward members had become my family. Although, I was excited for the adventure and change that moving to Indiana would bring I knew leaving these people was going to be hard . . . and it was. Thank goodness for cell phones. I must have talked on the phone half the day to my family and friends so that I could keep myself from getting too depressed. I wanted to talk to someone about having a lousy day, getting upset with my kids, how my house was a mess. You know girlfriend talk.
There were many church activities and social gatherings that I debated going to because I didn't know anyone. I knew though, that things would only get better if I made them better. I had to go and get through the awkward and uncomfortable times. I forced myself to get out of my comfort zone. If it was good friends that I wanted only time and experience with my new friends would help.
Almost 2 years later and I am realizing that I have friends. When Lindsay asked me who I wanted to invited I couldn't stop thinking of girls. There were so many people that I wanted to have come.
One of my favorite things that we did today was a tradition of my girlfriend Alli and her family. She mentioned that her family would go around and each say what they love about the birthday person. It was so sweet to hear what my friends had to say. I think this must be my love language (words of affirmation) because I was just beaming. Who doesn't like to hear nice things about themselves, right? We laughed, we cried, and we shared.
I am making my family do this tonight for me. Ha, ha.
I feel so LOVED now. Happy Birthday to me.
I still have several hours so I am going to go milk it. Bye.
Later. . .
Abigail had her first game tonight. I seriously teared up when I first saw her out there. She looked so big to me. I am so proud of her. Our whole family went to support. Gavin and Kate loved the bleachers. Thank goodness no one fell, including myself.
Lance got me some clothes and earrings and information for a photography classes.
It was a fabulous day.
Happy happy birthday Sarah! How I wish I could bop over for lunch. I sure miss you guys - please give everyone my best.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday pretty lady!!! Hope your day is as fabulous as you are!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! You have found some sweet new friends in Indiana. What a special day!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!!! What I love about you is that you are always smiling. You make me want to enjoy each day more with my kids because you are such an inspirational mom!
ReplyDeleteWe are all so incredibly blessed to have you in our life. You make everyone feel like they are your best friend. This is your amazing talent.
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful to have you in my life. I feel like we are at the same place in life so we have a lot in common. It's nice to have someone who understands where I am at.
See, I am much better at writing my feelings.
So glad you had a wonderful birthday!!!!
Happy Happy Birthday! We miss you but are glad that you have great Indiana friends. I knew it wouldn't take too long for you. You are a gem and people naturally flock to you because you are AWESOME! Love you!
ReplyDelete