I dreamed about the day I would live close by my family. My mom and I would talk about living right next door to one another. We knew it would never happen but it was fun to think about how much fun we would have. I grew up next to my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I loved it. I have many great memories with all of them. I wanted that for my kids.
This was a righteous desire, right? Family is the most important thing, why was I not by mine. I would pray hard pleading with the Lord that if it was possible that He would make things open up for us so that we could move closer by my family. I would always put in the clause . . . but ultimately I will go where ever He wanted us to go. IF we were not supposed to move to Texas then could he help me to be happy where ever it was that we were to go. I do feel like the Lord strengthen me to be able to enjoy the places we have lived. I would have an increased love for those people around me. We made so many dear friends in Las Vegas, the kind that feel like family. They were kind enough to share their families with us. I loved being around their families (mom,dad,siblings) especially on Christmas and other holidays. Anyway, the point is the Lord did help me with my feelings of homesickness. I did find peace about my situations and when I started to get sad I would pray again.
When we moved to Indiana the plan was that we would live here a couple years and then finally head to Texas. After being here 2 years it doesn't look like we will be moving South any time soon. This is the part in my clause when I prayed that I was being tested on. Did I really mean it when I said I will go where ever you want me to go?
Things with Lance's job have changed a lot. Changed for the better. He is so very happy and has found a job that he is passionate about, what a blessing. Our kids are so happy. It really is an ideal place to raise a family. Our neighbors are so wonderful and we really like our home. WE have made so many good friends. Plus, we are able to drive to both of our families from here, which is a great benefit for us.
As I have prayed to the Lord, He reminds me that things could be worse and I have much to be grateful for. I am also remind of how he has blessed my family so that we can be together (There have been too many tender mercies to even began to tell you about right now.) Then I feel like I need to ask Him to forgive me for doubting and being ungrateful.
Yes, being by my family is a righteous desire. Yes, family is the most important thing. But this is my test. It is similar to the young couple praying to have children and are unable. Their desires our righteous. Having a family is the most important. For reasons unknown to us the Lord has a different plan. His plan is better and we must trust that.
Bottom Line is:
I do have faith that the Lord is aware of me and my desires.
I do know that He knows what I need, and what my family needs, and what is best.
I do know that there are blessings that come from being obedient and grateful.
I do try to follow His will even when it is hard and I don't understand .
I do have to ask for forgiveness often because I forget what I know.
I was fortunate to be in Texas when my brother found out he passed the bar. We celebrated by going out to dinner while my nephew, Cameron babysat all the little ones.
| Carson, Cameron, Gavin, Luke, Kate, Dylan, Avery |
| I am so happy for these guys. It has been a very long 3 years for their family. |
| All but David and Daniel (and their families). |
| My little brother is 5 years younger and I feel like I partly raised him. I am one proud big sister. |
LOVED this...we need to talk!
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes right now... I am sorry you can't be by your family, but I am so thankful that the Lord sent you to us.
ReplyDeleteYour family has been a blessing to our family. We love you.
Love that black and white picture of you 3 girls! So beautiful! Can't believe I didn't get to see you at all!!!
ReplyDelete