I have made several photo books over the years that the kids absolutely love looking through. Gavin has been slightly obsessed lately with a section of pictures of when our family when bowling over 2 years ago. He wasn't even with us. We had left him home with grandma napping. Every time he looks at the pictures he ask, "Will you take me there?"
This last Saturday night we took the kids to our local bowling alley. It was not too busy so we had several lanes to ourselves. I think the kids had a good time. It was very tiring for Lance and myself. Trying to help each one of our little ones to throw the ball (or kicking, which ended up being Gavin's favorite way). The lady at the front desk was patient when, not once, not twice, but three times had to go retrieve a stuck ball that had been bowled out of turn.
Bowling with these guys added a whole new level of difficulty to our bowling game. Gavin and Kate were bowling the balls sideways. So as you were walking up to bowl your ball out of your peripheral vision you could see a ball rolling toward you and you had to jump. It was intense, crazy, chaotic, and expensive but worth it. I took lots of pictures to document the event because it could be along time before I talk Lance into going back.
Not to rub it in anyone's face but I did take home the highest score, I'm just saying. I am a serious bowler as you will see from my pictures. Slow and straight is my motto. Lance and I used to go bowling on our date nights all the time. It think we are gonna start back up. I love beating him at anything.
| Abby got a strike! She's good. |
| Wait for it . . . |
| Ethan got a strike, Woohoo! |
| You can't see it (the score) but here this is the moment Lance realized I beat him. YES! |
Gotta love the self-timer. I insisted on a family photo and my family cooperated, kind of.
| We got one-Our family photo. Lance you are a goober. |

your family is so adorable, Sarah! It looks like you guys had a blast! For Christmas, Nick asked for a bowling ball and bowling shoes... and thats what he got. Im still puzzled why he wanted those things ( haha ) he says he wants a "new hobby" but he's only been once since Christmas. He even got a locker at BYU to put his "bowling gear" in. So funny!
ReplyDeleteTee hee! Love the family shots. I thought Jeremy was the only one who made that gesture... or felt like that on some of our "fun" family outings.
ReplyDelete