Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Park Day in January

Yesterday the weather forecast said 61 degrees. Woo,hoo fellas that is as warm as it gets for the next few months so that meant park day for us. I packed up lunches and picked the kids up from their preschool around 12:15 and the sun was shining. 10 minutes after we were at the park our neighbors met us and soon after that the wind and clouds rolled in. Our warm day was over. We hung out as long as I could bear but unfortunately that wasn't as long as we had planned. Oh well.


Kate encouraging Gavin. 

Look away! Please, no broken bones.

Yes, he made it!

She was intent on something while she was climbing.



 I have missed being able to take pictures outside. There have been far too many cold and dreary days around here. I took my camera to the park and snapped away.  Gavin followed Kate around trying to do everything she did.  The main reason that we went to this specific park was because of the "scary slide". It is an old school slide that probably doesn't meet code now a days. I get a little nervous watching them climb so high and peer through the slots that are certainly large enough for a child to fall through. At times I had to simply look away I was so nervous.
Kate remembered the slide and ran right up to it and zoomed down. Gavin ran right up to the top and started to back track. Kate tried to comfort him but he wasn't having it. I finally made the climb and down we went. He was sold after one trip down, then I couldn't get him off.
Gavin contemplating whether or not he should do it.
Like I said, our neighbors came and played with us for a little while. Danielle, Trinity, and Ben





No comments:

Post a Comment