Sunday, May 27, 2012

I love my older man.

Happy Birthday to the man of my dreams. He just turned 40, dang that is old! I have had the best time teasing him about being so old. It is amazing to think he has been on this earth for 40 years. WOW! Despite getting old in age he has been training for a half-iron man triathlon (this is the biggest one he has ever done) and working his guts out. This last Saturday he worked out over 3 hours on his bike and running.  No that is dedication and discipline.  The main event is July 8th ish.

Since he began training he has lost 20 lbs.  I didn't think he had much to lose when he started but apparently he did. He has been so frustrated with all of his pants not fitting him. He just took several pairs in to get altered. That's what happens when you drop 20 lbs.  He looks amazing. He proves that age is just a number.

Pancakes in the shape of 40. 
With school getting out so soon, this week has been a little crazy with preschool graduation, Court of Honors, and orchestra concerts  so we had to celebrate on Monday night. We went out to dinner and got ice cream at DQ, our favorite.


Thursday night, his actual b-day, I made him scotcharoos (peanut butter, chocolate, & rice-krispie). That was his request.  We sang to him and opened presents.  He got tennis lessons and new shoes and then cards from the kids.



This is a sad family picture with several of our eyes closed. It's all I got. Gavin had fallen asleep on the couch and would not get up, even for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment