Thursday, July 12, 2012

Emma turns 8, Abby camp

This week has been eventful. We celebrated both Gavin and Emma's birthday as a family Monday night.  Emma's actual b-day is today July 12th but we wanted Abby to be there to celebrate with us and she left Tuesday morning for girls camp.

The Martin family does not typically do pets. We have enough chaos with out small animals. Well... I decided that it was time to get something small. A fish. Let me explain more.

When Lance was little he has this memory of his two sister getting to share a room. He had to have his own room and felt lonely. To help ease his loneliness his parents bought him a fish. I have heard the story many times.  Well Emma has been complaining lately that she is bummed she has to sleep all alone. We are going to try it and see what happens. I hope we can keep up with it. Fish can't be that hard, right? (famous last words)

Here is a play by play of Emma opening her gifts.

She is not in pain. That is her excited face.


Kate got her ring pops.


Our traditional box of cereal gift. She can eat it whenever. 
I hope Gavin and Emma like celebrating their birthdays together. Every year we do it. They are only a few days apart so it seems silly to make cupcakes twice.

They are both expecting parties in the near future so will see. The next few weeks are going to be busy with family coming in town for Emma's baptism. Emma wants a pageant party (abby and her girlfriend have volunteered to direct that one) and Gavin has been talking about going to Chuck e Cheese all year long.



Abby was so excited for girls camp this year. Her best friend Lexi decided to come with her so that was a super big bonus. The ward Young Women leaders were not invited to go down this year. I was extremely sad. I love all the fun memories of being together as a ward group. I getting over it, I guess. I haven't spoken with Abby all week so I am dying to hear all about it Saturday afternoon.


Some of our girls had gone up the day before to start setting up. Here are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year girls

Abby, Saige, and Lexi

Here I am with my two counselors, Susan Francis and Jacqueline Anderson. Love these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment