Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sewing, No training wheels, Shoes, Entertaining, Breakfast

Every once in a while I get on a sewing kick. I make several things while I let everything else around me go for a few days and then I am good.  It all started when I was in Hobby Lobby and saw this super cute Chevron fabric. They had several cute colors and I knew I wanted to make some pillows. So far I have made 5 different pillows and a table cloth. Very simple but it was just what I needed.  Sometimes it just feels so good to make something.

Gavin was all about helping me get the job done. He loved the sharp pins.





If you were to come into our neighborhood and see Gavin running around this is most likely what you would see on his feet . . . either this "pair" of shoes or Kate's pink flip-flops or one of his flip- flops and one of Ethan's (huge) flip-flops.  He is not to particular.
 We have had some crazy hail storms this year. We just had our roof replaced. 

Another afternoon trying to entertain GAvin. 15 minutes is his max with any activity.



Candy Land.

Yesterday Gavin decided that he was ready to try riding his bike with out training wheels. Lance was outside mowing when Gavin asked him for a little help. Just like that he started to ride. He kept saying "Dad, don't touch the bike."  and would then look back to make sure Lance was not holding him up. All of our other kids were always so worried that he would let go. They were so much more cautious of falling.  Gavin didn't care if he fell he just wanted to do it and do it ALONE. He rode up and down the court a few times and was done.

(For the record I am a believer of the bike I bought him for his birthday. Remember the one with no petals.  He rode it a few days ago and was doing great with the balancing. )


Kids before school.

No comments:

Post a Comment