Ethan is quickly approaching the ripe age of 12. In our home turning 12 is a big deal. First of all, at church it means you no longer have to go to primary (where all the "little kids" go)...which for Ethan can't come soon enough. Not only is he the oldest in there he has been in a class full of girls (not one boy) since we moved to Indiana. I tried to explain to him that being surrounded by girls will one day be an advantage. For now, he is over it.
The most exciting thing about turning 12 is that Ethan will receive the priesthood. I can already start to see him thinking of things differently. More like he has a responsibility.
Ethan has ALWAYS been spiritually mature for his age. From a very young age I could sense this about him. He is happy to be an example and do what is right. He has big plans here in earth!
A week ago Lance and I took Ethan to Priesthood Preview. Priesthood Preview is a meeting for all the boys turning 12 the next year, and their parents. They teach about the role and responsibilities of being a priesthood holder. Ethan had a grin on his face the whole time. He was so excited for all of these new changes coming soon. I have to say I felt pretty proud to be there also. It is not like I expect Ethan to magically turn into an angel but I do think there are blessing that will come from his commitment to do what is right. He is so ready.
Cleaning the church building. Burr, is all I have to say. I know it could have been colder but, low 40's seemed cold enough. Our kids were good sports about going Saturday. Ethan trimmed a few bushes and pulled weeds with me, while Lance and Abby bagged leaves. I think Kate, Gavin and Emma cleaned some windows but lingered by the donuts {inside} for most of the time.
These are the kind of lessons I hope my kids learn early. Many hands makes light work, right??? It felt good to be out with our ward family cleaning our building.
I can't remember what errand I had to run but I came home to find Gavin and Lance cuddled up reading a book. Gavin is really starting love being with his dad. He is lucky because it dad feels the same way {most of the time}. They call each other "fix it buddies" because they go around the house fixing things.
They also have this bonding thing were they punch each others stomachs. Gavin has only had to punch me a few times {in the gut} to realize.... I don't bond like that.
Some of our good friends from Lance's work, Liz and Eric, recently got married. We loved getting to go celebrate with them especially the dancing part. Lance and I danced our hearts out. I forgot how much we love to dance. Not too many clean places to go dancing these days.
So happy that they get to join in on all the fun of being married.






No comments:
Post a Comment