Sunday morning we left our home around 10:00am and drove 10 hours. The last time the kids and I drove to Texas, we stayed in a fun hotel in Tulsa, OK. We insisted that we make it there the first day. The drive wasn't too bad. It helps having all the electronic gagets now. I used to feel guilty about letting them play so much but ...not any more. Everyone was so happy. I only had to put my earphones on once. :) The hotel was great fun. We swam and ordered this super yummy pizza that we had the last time as well. It was fun having Lance with us this time.
The lady at the front desk remembered us and gave us lots of goodies. She really spoiled my kids.
Monday morning we woke up and strolled downstairs for breakfast. My kids love hotel continental breakfast. The waffles and fruit. Oh and I can't forget the hot chocolate. We got ready and decided to check out the Tulsa mall. There was this indoor are with floating "thingys" in water. The kids were begging to play in it. I caved while Lance and Abby were off shopping. I am glad that I did. It was a highlight for them.
Right across from the floaty thingys was Santa.The line was super short so I begged the kids to please take a picture with Santa. The big kids (Ethan) fought a little bit but soon gave in. Look how cute they all are.
After shopping we loaded up and drove the last 4 hours to Denton, Texas. An hour after we arrived we had 40 people (all my family) come over to celebrate Christmas. More on that ...








No comments:
Post a Comment