We sure had a good time laughing with Katie about her hillbilly smile. We wiggled that scraggly front tooth so darn much but it would not budge. Finally last Sunday, we were sitting in church (sacrament meeting to be exact) and Abby says to Kate, "Let me pull your tooth out right now?!" Kate, I think in unbelief that she would actually do it, agreed. The next thing I knew Abby was holding Kate's little tooth in her hand. YIKES! Just like that she twisted it and it was out. I feel bad for those sitting around us because they got to see it all and hear all the little giggles. I couldn't even get mad at the lack of reverence because I was grateful that the tooth was finally out!!!! Yipee.
Last week my sister called me up and asked what I thought about her coming up for their spring break, which was the following week. I told her it would be a dream to have her come. The next thing I knew LeAnn and her son Carson were on a flight headed my way. It was such a great surprise. I love how spontaneous my sister always is.
We decided that we wanted to surprise the kids. Only Abby knew what was going on. I went alone after church to the airport and picked the two of them up. When we got home we told Ethan to go into the cold storage to get something and then Carson jumped out and scared him. It was great to see his face.
Later that afternoon our bishop had asked if he could stop by to give Lance a new calling. Our bishop is so great. All the kids absolutely love him. As you can see they were jumping on him. He doesn't seem to mind it, too much. Every Sunday Gavin waves from our seat s until he gets the bishops attention and a wave back.
Lance was called to work with the YM ages 16-18. When his name was announced last Sunday the boys were so excited. Lance is going to do great things with these boys. He is super excited.
Even though LeAnn was in town, I did have a few doctors appts (two this week)
and field-trip scheduled. Her and Carson were good sports about going with us and making the most of it.
Monday, Gavin had a field-trip to the Avon library. LeAnn and Carson were a little tired from their travels so they slept in while I took Gavin and his classmates to library.
![]() |
| Craft time at the library |
Around noon I picked Ethan up for lunch. We all went to the Tamale Place for lunch (so yummy) and then to Target to pick up some groceries. LeAnn stayed there and shopped while I took the boys to their doctors appointment, which was right up the road. Both Gavina and Ethan had their well check doctor appointment. Carson came along.
![]() |
| Gavin getting 3 shots. He actually laughed when she gave them to him. Look at that face. |
![]() |
| Suckers, popsicles, and stickers. We love going to our doctor. |
![]() |
| Abby helping Kate do her homework after school. Thank goodness for the helping hands. I could not do it alone. |
My sister LeAnn is a "professional pinterester" if there is one. She has over 108,000 followers and knows everything there is to know about Pinterest. (She gave me some really good lessons on how it works) She has tons of great ideas because of it. She suggested that for family night we make "Peep popcorn". It was super yummy. The kids had a great time making it with Aunt LeLe.
![]() |
| Carson and Ethan are so silly together. Oh my gosh! |
We asked Carson and Ethan to come up with a spiritual message. They did a great job teaching us about the Atonement.
Tuesday Emma had a Pulmonologist appointment in Carmel (about 45 minutes away). Since Emma was born she has had allergy issues. It started off with food allergies to nuts, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, and corn. Thankfully, she grew out of all her food allergies except for the nuts. She also had bad eczema as a baby and would
get stuffy and coughs regularly as a toddler.
She was given an inhaler, nebulizer, and epi pen and we were told to use as needed.
Poor Emma has a stuffy nose for half of the year (even while taking allergy medicine) and every once in a while has an asthmatic reaction and we have to use nebulizer and inhaler often. They seem to come out of no where. Nothing too serious but I just wanted to have her looked at to see if I should be doing anything different.
It was a very interesting appointment. They had her do a breath test several times before and after a breathing treatment. The doctor said she does have asthma that is triggered by allergies. He had us start her on Cingular to see if that would help. We shall see.LeAnn, Carson and Gavin waited in the waiting room for us. Afterwards we got lunch at Panera and then headed to a local yarn shop that LeAnn and I were dying to check out together. We found some great yarn to make spring scarves.
![]() |
| I found this awesome coral color. I love it. I also found a green color that matches a pair of shoes Abby just purchased. We made some scarves. |
































No comments:
Post a Comment