Sundays are some of my favorite days around here. We go to early morning church now so we are usually home by 12:00 with a full day of resting and just being together. After we have lunch, Lance and I usually head for a little cat nap. I love Sunday naps! The kids usually play legos, draw with their art supplies, play hide and seek in the dark basement, or wrestle. We usually eat dinner together and then some one makes a batch of chocolate chip cookies. (usually Abby or Lance) I love Sundays!
![]() |
| Ethan and Gavin chased Emma around and finally pinned her down so that Gavin could lick her bellybutton. Gross! |
![]() |
| Some of my YW brought over a jello cake they had made for me. So sweet! My kids were very grateful. |
Thankfully, we had temperatures in the 50's by Saturday so it melted all of it away.
We had a combined self defense night with the youth this last Wednesday. It was so much fun watching the kids beat up on one another. It is also fun to have Ethan in there with us.
![]() |
| Our neighbor Jonathon came to get in on the action. |
This week for preschool there was a book parade. Each kid brought one of their favorite books to share. At the end the kids lined up and marched around the gym for the parents. I sure am going to miss this preschool next year.
The last few weeks have been absolutely crazy. Somehow we got ourselves signed up in too many extra activities. Basketball for Emma and Ethan (four nights/days out of the week), swim lessons (twice a week), play practice, piano, and after school tutoring. Our cup runneth over and Lance and I were OVER IT.
I will not make that mistake again. Keep it simple. It is not worth it. Nothing is. Thank goodness several of the things ended this week. YAY!!!! The worst part is having to rush around and eat on the run.Everyone is grumpy and in hurry. It does not make for the best family atmosphere.
Thursday night, things peaked. I had a church activity for just me. I was excited to get out for a bit but things were so crazy beforehand. I was trying to get dinner ready and take the kids to swim lessons and get back in time to go. Lance had to work late. The kids were all super emotional and grouchy. All three of the little ones were in tears. Emma was sobbing because I had made another dinner that she could not stand to eat. I was telling her how lucky she was that I had made her dinner. (I may have been a little grumpy myself).
It is times like this I like to say "Imagine this with a newborn..." It always gives me a good laugh. Can't think about it too much. (It will all be fine.. . breathe, Sarah)
I called Lance and warned him of the disaster that was waiting for him. We waved at each other as I drove off to church and he was just arriving home from work. I told him that the kids were exhausted and need some TLC. He assured me he had things under control. I knew he did.
As I sat at church with my friends and tried to catch my breath from the craziness I received a text from Lance:
"We all ate some soup and are having some fun. You do the same."
Abby took her camera along and captured the night a little more.
I am so glad to know that the kids were taken care of. Lance saved the day.
I had a great time hanging with my friends and enjoying a great night that other sweet ladies had prepared.


















i think you've figured out the key - keep breathing and cut the activities. i try to count the number of ordinary days where we are "just home together" and feel grateful for that. who pulls those off anymore? that's the life i want to give my kids. we do the craziness, too, but i'm gratful for when we keep it in check. still over-the-top excited about your baby!!!
ReplyDelete