Last weekend was the annual Father & Son campout with our church. Just Dad and the boys went camping. Gavin talked about it for weeks. I think I was just as excited for it as he was. They seemed to have a pretty good time. Ethan invited our neighbor Jonathon. Lance said he hardly saw the two of them. Boys, nature, camping . . .sounds like fun, huh?
I'd rather be shopping.
Here are a few pictures I received via text throughout the night.
![]() |
| Hello, Sunshine |
![]() |
| Good Morning! |
The girls and I decided to make it a girls night again. We went downtown and shopped and got yummy hamburgers. I sure do love these girls. Emma decided she would rather go play with her girlfriend from school. I understand. We have had lots of girls nights over the last month in preparation for our Taylor Swift concert.
We missed her but still enjoyed the evening.
Date night this week was attending our Stake Conference (adult session). Ethan did a great job holding down the fort so we could get away and grab dinner with our friends beforehand. I guess the kids decided to all sleep together. You can't tell but Gavin is in Emma's, very dainty and silky pjs.
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw him wearing them.
Lance started doing this thing where he would buy a 6 pack of sodas (fancy ones like IBC and orange soda in glass bottles). He told the kids if he or I caught them doing something exceptionally well (like good attitude, serving siblings, working hard) they could earn one. You would have thought he offered them gold. Literally, kids where fighting to help out.
For most of the kids this meant that they would act really well (while looking over their shoulder to make sure we were watching their good behavior) and then earn their soda and then be back to their normal selfs (needing lots of reminders). It has been funny to watch them turn it on and off.
With Ethan this has not been the case. He has really been pushing himself to do more. Let me just say that Ethan is such a great kid. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body, really! I love that he is pretty much content and happy all the time. But sometimes I get a little frustrated with him because he is so content and happy all the time. It can be hard to light a fire under his booty. There is no rush mode for him. It is sometimes hard to keep him on task. He likes to take hours cleaning his room or doing his chores. He pretty much enjoys taking his time with EVERYTHING.
Lately, I have noticed him working hard to stay on task and trying a little harder with things. He has not needed as many reminders. He is the first one to jump up if I ask for help. When I asked him what had changed he said that it was because he was starting now to prepare for serving his mission. You see, over the past month we have had several missionaries in our area either leave or come home from their missions. There has been a lot of talk about the blessings and opportunities that come from serving a full-time 2 year mission. One in particular is a son of my dear friend Jacqueline Anderson. He spoke to our youth group a few weeks ago about his experiences in Russia. He told the youth to start preparing now by serving and being kind. He said this would make the transition so much easier and natural for them when their mission time came. Ethan took that to heart. It has been several weeks and I can see the change. He is trying super hard to be patient with his siblings, especially Gavin. I love watching him with Gavin. Ethan walks on water as far as Gavin is concerned. Brotherhood is truly special.
![]() |
| Scripture time |
Kate and I were able to enjoy a Mother's Day party in her class today. She is so funny when I am there with her school. She gets real giggly and silly. The teacher had asked us to share one unique thing about our child. I mentioned that Kate was a nurturer and always had been. I also said that she has some hoarding tendencies with all her little animals and things. She typically has a stroller or bag full of her things carrying them around the house. We enjoyed getting to be together for a while this morning.
I always love the one on one time.
![]() |
| Kate had made a cute flower pot and frame for me. |
With the good weather returning my husband has had the chance to get outside on his bike again. He is a much happier man when he can get outside to workout.
So glad to see him getting back on the bike. Last Saturday he rode 22 miles.
Neighborhood Times
Abby has been taking piano for over a year now. She absolutely loves it and loves her teacher. We are so proud of her and her dedication. Last Saturday she participated in her first recital and did great.
Last night we took a poll from the kids and this is what they guessed:
Abby- Boy
Ethan- Boy
Emma- Boy
Kate- Girl
Gavin- Boy
Me- Boy
Lance- Girl
As you can see lots of us are feeling like it's a boy. OF course we would love either one. I think a girl would be fun. I love all the darling little dresses and bows. I am not gonna lie, a boy kind of scares me after my little Gavin. Surely, I wouldn't get two crazies ( I mean that in a good way) in a row, right?
We shall see! If it is a boy we like the name Samuel Porter Martin (family name).
For girls names we like Jane and Samantha.
















How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear what you are having! :)
ReplyDelete