Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother's Day Week

I am sure I am like every mother out there when I say my heart swells when I see a picture with all my kids in it. I love to see them all in one space and even better... smiling. 
Each of their little faces & expressions 
gives a small window into their personalities. 
I know them so well and could almost tell you what they are thinking at the moment. 

Being a mother is the greatest blessing that I have. I love how it pushes me to be a better person each and everyday. I love that it reminds me how much I need the Lords help to get through difficult times.  It has taught me to be more kind, selfless, patient, understanding, compassionate, forgiving, focused, loving, and gentle. 
It has taught me to be more like Christ.

It is so rewarding putting so much of my time and energy into these little people. (Although, some days I have to remind myself that it is worth it)  It is by far the hardest and most demanding work I have ever done but surely the most fulfilling. Every day offers new challenges and struggles but I am determined to enjoy the journey and not hope for some distant day in the future.  I can think of no other place I would rather be than right where I am with these cute faces surrounding me each and everyday. 
For better or worse they are mine. FOREVER.
I love being their MOM.

Last night for FHE we celebrated Abby getting her YW medallion and Mother's Day. We went out for dinner as a family. Yay, no cooking for mom.



My girls are obsessed with painting their nails. We have so many fun colors it is often hard to choose just one, so we don't. Emma has gotten really good at painting her own nails. Abby will sometimes do fun little designs on Kate and Emma's nails. Ethan happened to be in the kitchen painting a wooden car when Emma needed help painting her left hand. Ethan was happy to help. He did a great job. I think I will be asking for his help since painting my toenails is getting really tough with this big belly in the way.



Gavin and I had some friends stop by for an hour or so today for playtime.  Afterwards we decided to make a lunch and have a picnic in our back yard. The weather was ideal. Warm and sunny. Love the springtime!






No comments:

Post a Comment