Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Swimming, Neighbors, Highschool, Youth Conference, Doctor, and YW

Summertime = Swimtime, Right?  
It sure does in our book. We met our good friends (Nicole, Sophia, and Amalia) for lunch and then swam at their neighborhood pool.  These kiddos play so well together. 





Kate was feeding the turtle behind her this magical soup she was preparing.

Gavin found this snorkel gear in the lost and found and decided he would play with it. 


                                                      More playdates with our neighbors.  





Mara and Emma made friendship bracelets.

Abby had Freshman Orientation at the high school last Friday. It was right in the middle of youth conference so she skipped out with some of the girls from church to attend orientation. She said the school was huge but that she was super excited about all her teachers and the fun classes she is going to be taking. I can't believe she is going to high school this year. It can't be happening.

 Lance and I went up to youth conference to chaperone the dance. I liked being able to see what Miss Abby and her friends were up to. She had a great time.


We received a phone call halfway through the week from Ethan's scout leader. Ethan had burst his eardrum while at camp. Apparently, he had a minor earache when he left for camp and then diving deep into the lake made it burst. Thankfully, he wasn't in a lot of pain while at camp. I was instructed to take him to the doctor once he got home just to make sure his ear didn't get infected. Friday night, when he got home I put some antibiotic drops (that I had on hand) in his ear just to be safe and maybe save us a trip to the doctor since that is most likely what they would have had me do anyway. 

Unfortunately, this made Ethan very uncomfortable all night long. He was in so much pain. I felt so terrible and helpless. Aren't earaches the worst? Lance gave him a priesthood blessing and he was able to get through the night. First thing in the morning, we headed to urgent care. The doctor gave Ethan some pain medicine and told him to continue the antibiotic drops. 





Waiting at CVS for prescription. 

 Sunday, I was released from my calling at church as the Young Women's president. It has been almost a year and a half since I was called.  I have actually been working with the YW for 3 and half years (most of the time we have lived in Avon.)  It has been a great experience and I have learned so much.  I have grown to love these girls so much.  Most of all I am going to miss being with Abby. What a dream to be int he same class as your daughter. I will miss the fabulous woman that I served with, also. I worked with some amazing ladies. I have no doubt that I will still be involved in these girls lives. I told them I would be mad if they stopped texting me about their awesome dates and things going on in their lives.  I am already enjoying not having to orchestrate activities. I am finding that it is taking some time turning my brain off in regards to upcoming events. 
Needless to say, I feel much lighter these days and the timing couldn't be more perfect.  







Back to school shopping this year was intense.  This is the first year that I had 5 kiddos to shop for. 

 Yesterday we got in one more splash Island visit. The weather has been so mild this summer. It hasn't gotten over 80 degrees very much. The water was a little chilly but we still had a blast. (Ethan wasn't able to go with us because of his ear.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment