Sunday, August 3, 2014

Texas {Part 1}

We were home from Florida for 4 days and then headed off to Texas for a visit. We couldn't wait to see all of our family there. The drive went very smoothly and surprisingly quick. We stopped at a hotel in Tulsa, OK (Our usual hotel was full so we tried a new place. It was great.) 

Tulsa is only a little over 4 hours from my parents so our second day was pretty short. 
We had to stop and get a picture with this Texas sign.  

The first afternoon we were in Texas we purchased a swim pass at the local water park. It was so HOT. I have really become a wimp here in Indiana. I can not hack the 100 degrees without water. Thankfully our cousins were able to join us at the park. Plus, Gavin was tall enough for the slides. He was in heaven.




  This kids love running over to Grandma's in the morning for her homemade waffles. They love that they are heart shaped. They love getting spoiled.
 We also loved swimming in her pools. Ha,Ha.  The kids were thought they were awesome. Like I said it is HOT so you can't be picky. You just need water when your are outside.


 Seeing how happy all the kids were to be with their cousins was fabulous. They wanted to be together every minute. It made me so grateful that we have been so fortunate to come as often as we have been.  It is neat to see all the deep friendships that have been built over the years. They have lots of great memories together.
 


I was able to go to the Dallas temple while I was in town. I was able to go while my parents were there working which was awesome. Being in the temple is always an enriching experience. It fills up my gas tank.  It helps remind me of what is truly most important and what the purpose of life truly is.  I love being able to ponder all the things on my mind in such a quiet and peaceful place. I can feel my Heavenly Father's love for me. I really need that so I am glad I could go.



My cousin Brad and and his wife Danielle just built a beautiful home. They are such party people. They were so generous and hosted many impromptu, family get together. The kids had such a good time playing together in the pool, playing soccer, basketball and then soccer.


 Sam loved showing off his new skill of standing. He thought he was pretty cool. He loved all the attention everyone gave him.
Out at Brad and Danielle's there are grasshoppers everywhere. I am not sure where the idea came from but a dare was made for someone to eat a grasshopper and get paid $10. Carson decided to take the challenge. GROSS!!!



We were all in heaven for the two weeks we were in Texas. Being with family is a dream. Sure there is drama, we had our fair share but watching everyone together is just awesome!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment